Access ODBC drivers and BDE

Hi.

Thanks for answering!

I have a Delphi 4 application with an ODBC connection to an Access 97
database. As described in the FAQ, the new Access ODBC drivers seems to
report double the size of all string fields.

My questions are: Is there any other workaround than described in the FAQ?
Have Borland or Microsoft decided to do anything about this problem? If so,
when can I expect a patch from either of them?

Regards,  Pontus

Greg S. <g...@nospam.com> skrev i
diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:7ucuiu$6...@forums.borland.com...

> Yes.  What's the question?

> Pontus Lindberg <pon...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Help!

> > Does anyone know something new about the bug described in
> > http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/faq/FAQ4779B.html ???

> > Pontus

Re:Access ODBC drivers and BDE

Hi.

I have a Delphi 4 application with an ODBC connection to an Access 97
database. As described in the FAQ, the new Access ODBC drivers seems to
report double the size of all string fields.

My questions are: Is there any other workaround than described in the FAQ?
Have Borland or Microsoft decided to do anything about this problem? If so,
when can I expect a patch from either of them?

Regards,  Pontus

Re:Access ODBC drivers and BDE

Pontus,

I'm sorry to say that when I read your message I missed the word "new" in
your question.  I know the problem also,  which has been a tremendous
headache, but haven't seen anything new about it.  In a prior post, I asked
whether Borland would consider doing something in the way of a BDE
workaround.  It wasn't very well received and it appears they have no plans
for this, since they view it as a MS bug.   I have not been able to confirm
in the MicroSoft knowlege base or newsgroups that they are actually aware of
or doing anything about the problem.

Greg S.

> Hi.

> I have a Delphi 4 application with an ODBC connection to an Access 97
> database. As described in the FAQ, the new Access ODBC drivers seems to
> report double the size of all string fields.

> My questions are: Is there any other workaround than described in the FAQ?
> Have Borland or Microsoft decided to do anything about this problem? If
so,
> when can I expect a patch from either of them?

> Regards,  Pontus

Re:Access ODBC drivers and BDE

I have more then one app out there in limbo waiting on a solution. Native
driver will NOT do the trick, DAO will cost me way to many headaches, using
an older ODBC driver won't work because Office 2000 depends on the newer
drive.
Borland is in bed with Microsoft now WHY can't they insist on a fix or at
least tell us NO there will be no fix so that we can stop using there
products.

Very upset with Borland
Rich

Pontus Lindberg wrote in message <7uca9n$...@forums.borland.com>...
>Help!

>Does anyone know something new about the bug described in
>http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/faq/FAQ4779B.html ???

>Pontus

Other Threads