Paradox Blob field limit

In a message dated March 18th, 2001, Garry Kernan wrote (thanks Google!):

The theoretical limit for a single *.mb file is 2 gig - however in practice
this is not the case. I have experimented with mb files and have found that
although you can continue adding data into an mb file above .5 gig you can
no longer restructure the file if it exceeds .5 gig.
<<<<<<<<<<

My concern here is the stated limit of about 500mb above which a table can't
be restructured.

Can anyone else independently confirm this (or state to the contrary)?

TIA.

Re:Paradox Blob field limit

Is that record count or physical file size limit?

I read somewhere that Paradox had a 2 billion record limit not file limit.
Eric

"Karl Thompson" <ka...@pine-grove.com> wrote in message

> In a message dated March 18th, 2001, Garry Kernan wrote (thanks Google!):

> The theoretical limit for a single *.mb file is 2 gig - however in
practice
> this is not the case. I have experimented with mb files and have found
that
> although you can continue adding data into an mb file above .5 gig you can
> no longer restructure the file if it exceeds .5 gig.
> <<<<<<<<<<

> My concern here is the stated limit of about 500mb above which a table
can't
> be restructured.

> Can anyone else independently confirm this (or state to the contrary)?

> TIA.

Re:Paradox Blob field limit

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 18:45:27 -0400, "Eric" <em...@pozicom.net> wrote:
>Is that record count or physical file size limit?

Both. The limit for the .DB file is 2 gig, the limit for the .MB file
is 2 gig and the maximum number of records is 2 billion. Obviously you
will get to the file size limiet before you get to the record limit.

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:Paradox Blob field limit

Eric wrote:
> I read somewhere that Paradox had a 2 billion record limit not file limit.

that statement goes back to the original days of Paradox DOS.. the max table
size was 256 meg.. using one byte, unkeyed records you *could* get two billion
records.. what you would be able to do with those records was never explained
<g>

--

Steve Green - Diamond Software Group, Inc - Waldorf Maryland USA
Corel CTech Paradox - http://www.diamondsg.com - Support/Downloads/Links

Do you need a Sanity Check? http://www.diamondsg.com/sanity.htm
Upgrade/Downgrade versions? http://www.diamondsg.com/upgrade.htm