Urgent, "Blob has been modified", Help...

Hi,

Using D4 C/S P3 & Paradox Tables.

Users of my database have just started getting this error message
"Blob Has Been Modified" whenever they try to save a JPEG image to the
database.

They have been able to save images prior to this without any problems.
The image size is always approx. 180KB, as it is the same image but
with some modifications.

Now that this error message is apearing, they can't save the image
anymore.

Does anyone know what is causing this error?

Many Thanks,

Robbie...

Re:Urgent, "Blob has been modified", Help...

I have had this error quite often using Paradox tables.  In my case, it
happened with DBRichEdit components saved into blob fields but I believe
that the following should apply to your case too.

Blob has been modified ($3302) is an error that occurs when the BLOb portion
of the record contained in the .DB file has become inconstent with the BLOb
portion in the .MB file. This could occur when the write to the .DB file was
successful but the .MB file did not get updated, or visa-versa.

There are a few mechanisms to fix a table where these errors has occurred.
1. First try re-starting the application. It is possible that the BDE has
become unstable and is reporting incorect errors. Also try opening the table
with a different application.

2. Use Paradox 7 or 8 to run the Table Repair utility. Please see original
documentation for more information.

3. Run TUtility and rebuild the table. TUtility is an unsupported utility
available for download from the Inprise's web site in the Utilities,
programs and updates section.

4. Delete all indexes and recreate them (Index out Date ($2F02) error only).
To do this you'll need to know the structure of all your indexes (including
primary) before recreating them, which means you need to know the structure
of all indexes before the error occurs.

See TI3342 at www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/ti_list  for more information

Good luck

Georges

lucidtech.RemoveT...@ozemail.com.au (Robbie) wrote:
>Hi,

>Using D4 C/S P3 & Paradox Tables.

>Users of my database have just started getting this error message
>"Blob Has Been Modified" whenever they try to save a JPEG image to the
>database.

>They have been able to save images prior to this without any problems.
>The image size is always approx. 180KB, as it is the same image but
>with some modifications.

>Now that this error message is apearing, they can't save the image
>anymore.

>Does anyone know what is causing this error?

>Many Thanks,

>Robbie...

Hi,

Thanks for your responses.

I found an article on Borlands site that explained why this is
happening. I managed to fix the problem by running Database Desktop
and simply restructuring the table. Not only did the table size reduce
dramatically, but it somehow fixed the link between the .DB file and
the .MB file.

Robbie...

Other Threads