Error reading symbol table

One of my students gets an 'Error reading symbol file' every time he
loads his Delphi project. What causes this and how can we get rid of it?
Steve Brailey

Re:Error reading symbol table

Steve Brailey schrieb in Nachricht <96$MdBAZiQR3E...@itmswcc.demon.co.uk>...

>One of my students gets an 'Error reading symbol file' every time he
>loads his Delphi project. What causes this and how can we get rid of it?
>Steve Brailey

This error message happens when the Delphi project is moved from one
location to another and can be ignored.

The symbol file is called <projectname>.dsm and can be deleted without any
negative consequences.

To prevent Delphi saving this symbol file check "Only Desktop" in
Tools/Options tab "defaults", group box "desktop content".
I don't know the exact english terms of this.

Hth,
Matthias.

Other Threads