Board index » delphi » How to send encrypted email from delphi??

How to send encrypted email from delphi??

I have written a small reporting application that sends reports using
email. I have used Indy 9 to make this happen. So far so good...

Now a client is requesting me to encrypt the message body using PGP or
SMIME (I know what PGP is but not SMIME).
Anyway, is there anyone who can help me on my way towards this goal. I
guess that PGP would be preferential, but I don't know of a delphi5
interface to PGP.

/Bo

Bo Berglund
bo.bergl...@telia.com

 

Re:How to send encrypted email from delphi??


Me, I would send the data as an attachment

And use a one time pad.

On Mon, 09 Sep 2002 05:47:45 GMT, Bo Berglund <bo.bergl...@telia.com>
wrote:

Quote
>I have written a small reporting application that sends reports using
>email. I have used Indy 9 to make this happen. So far so good...

>Now a client is requesting me to encrypt the message body using PGP or
>SMIME (I know what PGP is but not SMIME).
>Anyway, is there anyone who can help me on my way towards this goal. I
>guess that PGP would be preferential, but I don't know of a delphi5
>interface to PGP.

>/Bo

>Bo Berglund
>bo.bergl...@telia.com

Re:How to send encrypted email from delphi??


And *how* is that accomplished then?
One-time-pad????

/Bo

On Mon, 09 Sep 2002 09:21:48 GMT, Bounce_It_je...@iss.u-net.com (J

Quote
French) wrote:
>Me, I would send the data as an attachment

>And use a one time pad.

>On Mon, 09 Sep 2002 05:47:45 GMT, Bo Berglund <bo.bergl...@telia.com>
>wrote:

>>I have written a small reporting application that sends reports using
>>email. I have used Indy 9 to make this happen. So far so good...

>>Now a client is requesting me to encrypt the message body using PGP or
>>SMIME (I know what PGP is but not SMIME).
>>Anyway, is there anyone who can help me on my way towards this goal. I
>>guess that PGP would be preferential, but I don't know of a delphi5
>>interface to PGP.

>>/Bo

>>Bo Berglund
>>bo.bergl...@telia.com

Bo Berglund
bo.bergl...@telia.com

Re:How to send encrypted email from delphi??


On Mon, 09 Sep 2002 16:24:30 GMT, Bo Berglund <bo.bergl...@telia.com>
wrote:

Quote
>And *how* is that accomplished then?
>One-time-pad????

>/Bo

At its simplest you use a 'book'

Each letter/word is found in the 'book' and a reference to it is sent
eg: Page:WordNo

Another method is to use - literally - a pad
each sheet contains letters (A-Z) and corresponding letters that you
translate the message into.

Then you tear off the top sheet and burn it.
That is where the 'one time' comes from

Basically this type of encryption avoids the use of an algorithm, so
it cannot be 'cracked'

Personally in your case I would distribute a fairly large file to your
clients, then use it as a translation table, making sure that one does
not 'repeat' the use of words/letters.

A particularly devious method is to use your own EXE as the 'pad'

Other Threads