qr master/detail reports

I am creating a master/detail report in Quick Reports, and it automatically
lists my master field 3 times for each record.  Even if there are no data
fields in the detail section of the report, it prints the detail band 3
times.  I am using Data Sets instead of the standard tables that all of the
help documents recommend, but that really shouldn't make a difference.  What
could be causing this to happen?  Any thoughts or suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Re:qr master/detail reports

Couple of things that may help (learnt from bitter experience <g>):

1) Make sure that your master recordset is ordered (sorted)

2) Are you setting the "Expression" value to indicate when the header is
printed. At the very least the Expression should contain the field that
causes the next group to be printed.

3) Set the Linkband property to the next group or detail band
4) If the group has a footer, set the FooterBand property accordingly.

Pierre

"DCappel" <cappe...@osu.edu> wrote in message news:398afabb_1@dnews...
> I am creating a master/detail report in Quick Reports, and it
automatically
> lists my master field 3 times for each record.  Even if there are no data
> fields in the detail section of the report, it prints the detail band 3
> times.  I am using Data Sets instead of the standard tables that all of
the
> help documents recommend, but that really shouldn't make a difference.
What
> could be causing this to happen?  Any thoughts or suggestions would be
> greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Other Threads