newbie - Delphi1 Delphi3 .net error

I have written an application in Delphi 3 and it works fine.  I have written
it again in Delphi 1 for our Windows 3.x users.  The network is Novell 4.11.
I can't get the .net file to work for both BDE's.  Can anyone offer advise
or point me to an FAQ,  TI to solve this problem?
Thanks.
Mark Thomson.

Re:newbie - Delphi1 Delphi3 .net error

Define "can't get the net file to work".  What is the complete text of
the error message and what do you do to cause it?

Bill

(Sorry but TeamB cannot answer support questions received via email.)
(To send me email for any other reason remove .nospam from my address.)

Re:newbie - Delphi1 Delphi3 .net error

>I have written an application in Delphi 3 and it works fine.  I have written
>it again in Delphi 1 for our Windows 3.x users.  The network is Novell 4.11.
>I can't get the .net file to work for both BDE's.  Can anyone offer advise
>or point me to an FAQ,  TI to solve this problem?

The path used to address the location of the .net file must be the
same excpet that the drive letter can be different.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

In article <6bd74t$mo...@biffo.sol.co.uk>, "Mark Thomson" <ma...@sol.co.uk> wrote:
>I have written an application in Delphi 3 and it works fine.  I have written
>it again in Delphi 1 for our Windows 3.x users.  The network is Novell 4.11.
>I can't get the .net file to work for both BDE's.  Can anyone offer advise
>or point me to an FAQ,  TI to solve this problem?

Do U use the UNC-style (\\server\share) in the 32bit-version? This is
not possible in the 16bit-BDE. You must use the old drive-letter style
in both, the 16bit and the 32bit-BDE to make work together. Maybe that
this is the problem.

Andreas

--
helicon software development | Localization Tool for Borland Delphi 3
heli...@helicon.co.at        | helicon Translator for Delphi 3

Other Threads