How to tell the file name associated with a field?

How can I read the underlying table name of a field at run-time?

I was thinking of reading the DataSource property of the field, then the
DataSet property of that, then the table name of that.  Is there something
easier?

Brian K. Bolster
cyp...@buffnet.net

Re:How to tell the file name associated with a field?

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999 20:25:49 GMT, cyp...@buffnet.net (Brian K.

Bolster) wrote:
>How can I read the underlying table name of a field at run-time?

>I was thinking of reading the DataSource property of the field, then the
>DataSet property of that, then the table name of that.  Is there something
>easier?

TField has a DataSet property, so this would do:
   (MyField.DataSet as TTable).TableName

Jan

Other Threads