Changing blinking cursor in a DBEdit field

Hi,

does anyone know how to change the blinking cursor in a DBEdit field (within
source code) ?
(I would like to make the cursor larger)

Regards
G. Mudersbach

Re:Changing blinking cursor in a DBEdit field

It's very tricky to do what you want, because the blinking cursor (known as
a caret) is created and destroyed by the DBEdit control as it receives and
loses the focus.

There is only one caret in the entire Windows OS and each window that wishes
to display it, must 'create' it when it wishes to own it. All I can suggest
is that you try to figure out everywhere where the DBEdit control might
create the caret, and override these procedures, so that you can destroy it,
and create a caret with the dimensions that you want.  You can either use a
bitmap for the caret, or just give a height and width dimension and it will
appear as a solid rectangle.

Look at the Carets section of the Win32.hlp file.

            David.

g...@my-dejanews.com wrote in message <7146gh$u7...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>Hi,

>does anyone know how to change the blinking cursor in a DBEdit field
(within
>source code) ?
>(I would like to make the cursor larger)

>Regards
>G. Mudersbach

>http://www.dejanews.com/       Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

Other Threads