Delphi 7 trial version won't install/run

I've downloaded the Delphi 7 trial version. When I follow the instructions
for registering it, it always fails. I end up on a web page that looks like
it's asking me to download the thing again...which at over 150 megs is
something I'd rather avoid. Have I missed a step somewhere?

--
Geoff Callaghan
IT Manager

Re:Delphi 7 trial version won't install/run

Geoff Callaghan wrote:
> I've downloaded the Delphi 7 trial version. When I follow the instructions
> for registering it, it always fails. I end up on a web page that looks like
> it's asking me to download the thing again...which at over 150 megs is
> something I'd rather avoid. Have I missed a step somewhere?

What operating system are you running?  Where did you place the
reg106.txt or reg107.txt file that was sent to you?

Regards,
Steve
--
Please visit our online support pages at
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/

  Stephen Blas (Borland Software Corporation)

  http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:Delphi 7 trial version won't install/run

I tried putting it in the program files/borland/delphi7 directory. that does
not seem to have worked. The email they sent said to put it in the "home"
directory...is that not what they meant?

"Stephen Blas (Borland)" <supporti...@borland.com> wrote in message

> Geoff Callaghan wrote:
> > I've downloaded the Delphi 7 trial version. When I follow the
instructions
> > for registering it, it always fails. I end up on a web page that looks
like
> > it's asking me to download the thing again...which at over 150 megs is
> > something I'd rather avoid. Have I missed a step somewhere?

> What operating system are you running?  Where did you place the
> reg106.txt or reg107.txt file that was sent to you?

> Regards,
> Steve
> --
> Please visit our online support pages at
> http://www.borland.com/devsupport/

>   Stephen Blas (Borland Software Corporation)

>   http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:Delphi 7 trial version won't install/run

Never mind. I figured it out. Unfortunately, my trial period ended before I
got the stupid thing to work. Guess I'll have to go through this again.