Obtaining Dial-Up, DSL or Network ISP Account Information

Hello,

I would like to know how I would go about reading the primary (default)
SMTP, POP3 and other E-Mail account information which I can use as the SMTP,
POP3 information within an SMTP, POP3 component.

I am using an E-Mail component from LMD and AHM.  I want to make the
definition as seamless as possible for the end-user. For example if the
user's ISP is Bellsouth then the SMTP value is lig.mail.bellsouth.net and
the POP3 value is lig.mail.bellsouth.net.  This is what I need to read along
with the dial-up account ID and dial-up password.

Thank you,
John A

Re:Obtaining Dial-Up, DSL or Network ISP Account Information

Hi John,

Try this (can't guarantee it will work on all platforms - but it's a
start):-

procedure TEmailOptions.FormActivate(Sender: TObject);
const
  INet = '\Software\Microsoft\Internet Account Manager\';
var Reg: TRegistry;
     AString: string;
begin
    // We haven't got any email info, so attempt to get it
    // from the registry
    Reg := TRegistry.Create;
    try
      Reg.RootKey := HKEY_CURRENT_USER;
      if Reg.OpenKey(INet, false)
      then begin
        AString := Reg.ReadString('Default Mail Account');

        if Reg.OpenKey(INet+'Accounts\'+AString, false) then
        begin
          HostIdEdit.Text := Reg.ReadString('SMTP Server');
          UserIdEdit.Text := Reg.ReadString('POP3 User Name');
          EmailEdit.Text := Reg.ReadString('SMTP Email Address');
          ReplyEdit.Text := Reg.ReadString('SMTP Email Address');
          NameEdit.Text := Reg.ReadString('SMTP Display Name');
    finally
      Reg.CloseKey;
      Reg.Free;

Regards
Kerin

"John Antoniewicz" <j...@{*word*104}cove.com> wrote in message

> Hello,

> I would like to know how I would go about reading the primary (default)
> SMTP, POP3 and other E-Mail account information which I can use as the
SMTP,
> POP3 information within an SMTP, POP3 component.

> I am using an E-Mail component from LMD and AHM.  I want to make the
> definition as seamless as possible for the end-user. For example if the
> user's ISP is Bellsouth then the SMTP value is lig.mail.bellsouth.net and
> the POP3 value is lig.mail.bellsouth.net.  This is what I need to read
along
> with the dial-up account ID and dial-up password.

> Thank you,
> John A

Other Threads