Help integration and Delphi 6

I'm trying to get Delphi 6 help integration to work, *again*, and I'm
still having no definite luck.

What I've done is use Doc-O-Matic 3.1 to produce a .HLP and .CNT file,
complete with A-style footnotes, and a .ALS file to boot.

This .HLP file integrates nicely with Delphi 5 and everything works,
classes, properties, methods, etc. everything is available from he
component tab (select component, F1), on a form (select component
instance, F1) or in the editor (place cursor in class name, method name,
property name, F1).

However, in Delphi 6 I only get classes to work. I can select the
component on the component tab or on a form and hit F1, or even place the
cursor in the class name in the editor and it works. However, trying to
get the help page for any properties or methods invariably brings up the
main index.

If, in the main index, I locate my component I see that the methods and
properties are listed beneath it, indented, and double-clicking on one of
these brings up the right page.

What could I be missing ? The .ALS file is located in the same directory
as the .HLP file, and all three files are located in the same directory
as the component files, not in Delphi6\Help.

Is there any registry magic I need to work ? How about the .ALS file, I
see that there are other .ALS files in the Delphi6\Help directory yet
moving everything there doesn't seem to change anything. Moving the files
and then recustomizing the help asks me if I want to update the registry
so at least the help file has a registry value and it's correct.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

--
Lasse V?gs?ther Karlsen
la...@vkarlsen.no

Re:Help integration and Delphi 6

"Lasse V?gs?ther Karlsen" <la...@vkarlsen.no> wrote in

> I'm trying to get Delphi 6 help integration to work, *again*, and I'm
> still having no definite luck.

Ok, I found out something. By taking the D6.als file, appending the
contents of my own .ALS file, resorting and then saving it, overwriting
the original D6.als file, it works.

But, here's the strange part. I notice other .ALS files in the help
directory from other 3rd party vendors. These seems to work without
having to be added to the main .als file, and since I now seemingly have
no way of uninstalling the items (I made a backup so I can in fact do
it), I bet this isn't the right way.

More information welcome.

--
Lasse V?gs?ther Karlsen