External Exception C000001D ?

Anybody can help to understand the meaning of this exception? What might be
causing it? Where to find more info about it?
Thanks in advance for any help.
--
Sergey @ USysWare.

 WPrinter: "How do you wanna switch your printer today?"

 www.mindspring.com/~smish/
 NOJUNKsm...@mindspring.com

 (remove NOJUNK when replying)

Re:External Exception C000001D ?

You have to be more a bit more informativ! External Exception is a rather
general errormessage. Where in the code does this message appear? Use
breakpoints.
--
Edgar Vorland

{Remove  '~' from mail adress. This is to avoid
spawn. Sorry! }
e~vorl...@readmatre.no

Sergey Mishkovskiy <NOJUNKsm...@mindspring.com> wrote in article
<01bcc087$a0386660$fd2156d1@sergey>...

> Anybody can help to understand the meaning of this exception? What might
be
> causing it? Where to find more info about it?
> Thanks in advance for any help.
> --
> Sergey @ USysWare.

>  WPrinter: "How do you wanna switch your printer today?"

>  www.mindspring.com/~smish/
>  NOJUNKsm...@mindspring.com

>  (remove NOJUNK when replying)

Re:External Exception C000001D ?

Edgar,

>>> External Exception is a rather general error message. <<<

Unfortunately, there is no word about it neither in Delphi' help files nor
in Win32.hlp. What is that C000001D error code stands for? What is the
source (books, etc.) for external errors?

>>> Where in the code does this message appear? <<<

I'm not exactly sure because this problem is very hard to reproduce. It
happens in 2% of the program runs I'd say. I think it fails on very
innocent code like Application.HelpContext(IDH_xxx); .

>>> Use breakpoints. <<<

I wish I can easily reproduce it.
--

--------------5D9F7AB5160103F565CFB370

Sergey Mishkovskiy wrote:
> Edgar,

External exception is a standard Windows exception, as opposed to Delphi's private exceptions. The
error code tells you what exception this is.

> Unfortunately, there is no word about it neither in Delphi' help files nor
> in Win32.hlp. What is that C000001D error code stands for? What is the
> source (books, etc.) for external errors?

C000001D is an illegal instruction. Search for STATUS_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION in Windows.pas.

> I'm not exactly sure because this problem is very hard to reproduce. It
> happens in 2% of the program runs I'd say. I think it fails on very
> innocent code like Application.HelpContext(IDH_xxx); .

If so, there's a good chance that you have a runaway pointer which, depending on a lot of
conditions, causes some code to be overwritten. Like e.g. overwriting the Application's VMT. This
will probably be a tough one to locate...

Regards,

Erik.

--
Development of applications and drivers for Windows 95 and NT.
Go visit http://www.POBoxes.com/Sperling for some free source!

Erik Sperling Johansen, Sperl...@POBoxes.com (DeBug Team; checker, monitor)

--------------5D9F7AB5160103F565CFB370

begin:          vcard
fn:             Sperling Johansen, Erik
n:              Sperling Johansen;Erik
org:            Info-Pro
email;internet: Sperl...@POBoxes.com
title:          Developer
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
end:            vcard

--------------5D9F7AB5160103F565CFB370--

Re:External Exception C000001D ?

>>> If so, there's a good chance that you have a runaway pointer which,

depending on a lot of
conditions, causes some code to be overwritten. <<<

I can only think of some similar methods in my code that use Printer handle
and then DevMode handle from there. I think I need to use GlobalLock() /
GlobalUnLock() but I know that I don't do it.

Thanks for your tips.
Best regards,
--
Sergey @ USysWare.

 WPrinter: "How do you wanna switch your printer today?"

 www.mindspring.com/~smish/
 NOJUNKsm...@mindspring.com

 (remove NOJUNK when replying)

Other Threads