splash form?

Hi,
as a newbie I tried to make an splash fome for my application which
already have a main form and 3 forms. what I did?
put a new form and named it splashform with no caption. Put a timer and
changed its interval to 3000. Double click on timer and wrote:
begin
close;
end;

and I also changed the timer form:
formstyle----->fsStayontop
BorderStyle---->bsNone

That is all I did, then I compiled it and run it but the result exe file
is still the same as before.
What is missing?
Thanks in advance.
Mohammad

Re:splash form?

You'll need to show your splashform as the first form. Delphi defaults to
showing the form that was first created, so you'll have to instruct Delphi
to show your form before anything else. As imple solution is to select
'View - Project Source' and insert the line:

SplashForm.Show

just before the line

Application.Run

If you need more assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards

Arjen Broeze

M. Bannayan wrote in message <380D8825.6...@sbn2.nottingham.ac.uk>...
>Hi,
>as a newbie I tried to make an splash fome for my application which
>already have a main form and 3 forms. what I did?
>put a new form and named it splashform with no caption. Put a timer and
>changed its interval to 3000. Double click on timer and wrote:
>begin
>close;
>end;

>and I also changed the timer form:
>formstyle----->fsStayontop
>BorderStyle---->bsNone

>That is all I did, then I compiled it and run it but the result exe file
>is still the same as before.
>What is missing?
>Thanks in advance.
>Mohammad

Re:splash form?

> as a newbie I tried to make an splash fome for my application which
> already have a main form and 3 forms. what I did?
> put a new form and named it splashform with no caption. Put a timer and
> changed its interval to 3000. Double click on timer and wrote:
> begin
> close;
> end;

Look at the sample MastApp (delivered with Delphi). There you will find an
example for a splash screen.

Regards
Nicolas Bronke

Other Threads