Faster Images Part 2

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 07:30:13 GMT, "DSR" <dsr...@dodo.com.au> wrote:
>If I can't get JPEGs to load any quicker, is there any components which load
>pictures quicker (jpegs). IE can I paint shapes or other objects quicker, or
>am I just stuck with the slow loading of the jpeg library.

Are you sure that IE can really load, decifer and paint them quicker ?

For a start it uses a cache, so repeated tests are misleading

Also it is unusual to have 30 thumbnails  on an HTML page
- well not good design technique

Without being funny, it might be an idea to look at the design of your
App, so that you can increase 'percieved' response, by showing less,
caching and beavering away in the background.