Writing Borland windows applications that can run on machines without Borland

Hi,
  I wrote an application using Borland components and CBuilder 4.0 and I
would like to make this application run on machines that don't have
CBuilder4.0 installed. Currently, if I try to do this, the program errors
out with a message stating that the borlndmm.dll cannot be found. Short of
distributing this DLL with the executable, is there any way of recompiling
this so that everything that it needs from Borland is included so I can
distribute to non-CBuilder machines?  it's probably something really simple
but the help on compiling standalone applications on CBuilder 4 is somewhat
limited.

Thanks
-Hugh Ferguson
hfergu...@vistar.ca

Re:Writing Borland windows applications that can run on machines without Borland

Please ask C++ Builder questions in one of the C++ Builder newsgroups.
You can identify them by the word 'cppbuilder' in their name.  For instance:

  borland.public.cppbuilder.ide

Go into Project|Options
  Under Packages uncheck Build_with_runtime_packages
  Under Linker uncheck Use_dynamic_RTL

Finish with a Project|Build_all

The locations above are approximate.  I don't remember if version 4 had them
in the same place as version 5.

Any package or DLL you use which does not come with a static library will
still need to be shipped with the application.  You can get a list of the
DLL's it uses with this command line:

  tdump -em. filename.exe

Don't overlook the period following the -em

.  Ed

Other Threads