How do I rebuild a Corrupt Index Programmably

My client complained that the BDE complained that a database
(paradox based)
index file is corrupted and wouldn't run the program as that
database is made to
open during start-up of the program.

I would need to develop a means as to resolve the problem
via a program to
resolve the issue, what would I need to do to recreate the
database index file
without destroying the database itself. I trried sending him
the index file
and somehow it reported the index file is out of date.

Need a solution fast. Any suggestion is helpful. Thanks in
advance.

Edwin

Re:How do I rebuild a Corrupt Index Programmably

Check out BP Table Utilities on the link listed below.  It is a FREEWARE
Paradox table utilities application.
B&P Technologies
http://www.bpsoftware.com

Edwin Lau <edwin...@pacific.net.sg> wrote in article
<360D48D3.9357...@pacific.net.sg>...

Edwin Lau wrote:

> My client complained that the BDE complained that a database
> (paradox based)
> index file is corrupted and wouldn't run the program as that
> database is made to
> open during start-up of the program.

> I would need to develop a means as to resolve the problem
> via a program to
> resolve the issue, what would I need to do to recreate the
> database index file
> without destroying the database itself. I trried sending him
> the index file
> and somehow it reported the index file is out of date.

> Need a solution fast. Any suggestion is helpful. Thanks in
> advance.

> Edwin

The index-file, as in all other files of the table family, is keyed to
the DB so that changes to the files (such as the one you attempted)
would be detected.  In fact it is a malfunction of this very same
mechanism which produces this problem in the first place.  Paradox is,
for very obvious reasons, hyper-sensitive about the possibility of an
index file being out of date.

The table-repair utility will correct the problem.  At our web-page
(http://www.sundialservices.com) we have a tool that takes it one step
further, and in a very short time we will have a product in the same
place which takes it an enormous step further, where no one has gone
before.  Borland published the TUTIL32 api a long time ago and many
people have gone that far.

Anyhow, deleting and re-creating index files can often be a very fast
way to resolve index problems.

Re:How do I rebuild a Corrupt Index Programmably

Hello Edwin,

include the unit BDE and use DBIRegenIndexes(...) to rebuild the Indexes
of your table. This will work fine.

The syntax of DBIRegenIndexes is described in BDE-API-Help or at
www.inprise.com.

Yours, Volker

--
Volker Fraenkle                         CS Controlling
Technical Consultant                    Software Systeme GmbH

E-Mail: VFraen...@cs-controlling.de
Phone:  +49 7144 8144-0                 Riedbachstrasse 5
Fax:    +49 7144 8144-10                D-74385 Pleidelsheim

Other Threads