System Hang when using CRT unit

If i run a TP program under Win95 by using 'Start | Run', or
by clicking on it's icon in explorer, the dos window opens,
and the computer totally locks up (hard reset needed).

The problem does not occur if i run the program from
a dos window (when the window is already opened).

This happens with program's that use the CRT unit as
i have compiled programs without the CRT unit and they
work fine.

I am using TP7, with a Cirrus PCI Graphics Card with
Win95 (Service Pack 1).

I think this is related to the graphics card, as i don't
remember having this problem with my old card (ISA).

I have tested programs on other machines, and these
all work fine.

Has any one else had this problem??

Re:System Hang when using CRT unit

>If i run a TP program under Win95 by using 'Start | Run', or
>by clicking on it's icon in explorer, the dos window opens,
>and the computer totally locks up (hard reset needed).
>Has any one else had this problem??

Greetings,
              Is your computer fast? (over 100 Mhz), this may be the problem,
because there is a bug in the CRT unit with delay. Check this web page out,
it has a patch to fix the problem:

http://www.mi.uni-erlangen.de/~heckenb/programs.htm

The manual patch is also available on my web page.

Carl Eric Codere (aka The Black One)
Pascal and asm programming
http://www-edu.gel.usherb.ca/codc01

Other Threads