Need recommendation for a non BDE report tool

Hi,

I need recommendations for a report tool that will allow me to print
information without the need for the BDE.

Basically what I need is a tool that will allow me to add bands at runtime,
define the band's layout and allow me to manually feed the data to the band
when it is printed.

The problem I have is that I do not know when a specific band will be
printed until we get to the runtime, so I assume that the report engine will
have some kind of an event that will ask me what is the next band I want to
print and I will provide it with the band name and the content of the fields
in the band.

I have seen that Quick Reports that comes with Delphi 4 has a OnNeedData
event that I can use for this purpose, unfortunatly I am not sure I can
change printed bands on purpose with this tool. (It seems that it always
wants to handle the same detail band where my bands might change).

Ron.

Re:Need recommendation for a non BDE report tool

Hi Ron

How are things at HyperAct going ?

> I need recommendations for a report tool that will allow me to print
> information without the need for the BDE.

Our HTMLReport is not tied to BDE.
Check it out at http://www.balticsolutions.com
It has trial versions available for download, as well as compiled demos,
samples, etc..

> Basically what I need is a tool that will allow me to add bands at
runtime,
> define the band's layout and allow me to manually feed the data to the
band
> when it is printed.

We let you "skip" any line of report. And of course you can build report
dynamically too.

> The problem I have is that I do not know when a specific band will be
> printed until we get to the runtime, so I assume that the report engine
will
> have some kind of an event that will ask me what is the next band I want
> print and I will provide it with the band name and the content of the
fields
> in the band.

All of the data in HTMLReport is passed using events.
Events control every aspect of reports logic and data entry.

Gintaras Pikelis
Baltic Solutions

Gintaras Pikelis <ginta...@voras.lt> wrote in message

> Hi Ron

[snip]

Gintaras,

Thanks for the suggestion. I got some leads on how to do what I want with
QR. If I can not get it to work to my satisfaction I will give your solution
a try.

Thanks and good luck,
    Ron.

> All of the data in HTMLReport is passed using events.
> Events control every aspect of reports logic and data entry.

> Gintaras Pikelis
> Baltic Solutions
> http://www.balticsolutions.com

Re:Need recommendation for a non BDE report tool

QuickReport isn't BDE dependand. You can use any kind of TDataSet comps.
Use childbands for the Detailband wich print depending a expression or so.

--
Greetings Andre Mens author of QReport Artist

mens...@mensand.demon.nl
http://www.mensand.demon.nl
Ron Loewy heeft geschreven in bericht <7gnp1v$7r...@forums.borland.com>...

>Gintaras Pikelis <ginta...@voras.lt> wrote in message
>> Hi Ron

>[snip]

>Gintaras,

>Thanks for the suggestion. I got some leads on how to do what I want with
>QR. If I can not get it to work to my satisfaction I will give your
solution
>a try.

>Thanks and good luck,
>    Ron.

>> All of the data in HTMLReport is passed using events.
>> Events control every aspect of reports logic and data entry.

>> Gintaras Pikelis
>> Baltic Solutions
>> http://www.balticsolutions.com

Other Threads