Indy Post issue - urgent please!

Hi.

I am trying to use indy idhttp component to connect to an apache
server and post some information to a php script, ready for
insert into a database, now the php page is being accessed fine,
but the data that i am posting is NOT being sent with the post
command.

I thought it was just my program, so i downloaded the demo apps
from the indy website and tried running the httpclient demo
without any changes, and changed the host to my web server
hoping that is WAS my program.

but when I run the demo the data for the page gets returned, and
it seems like the data is sent to the server, but on the page I
run phpinfo to see what there is returned in the HTTP_POST_VARS
(where the data should be represented) but again there is
nothing shown.

How can I verify and access the data I am supposed to be posting
to make sure the data is in fact being sent to the web server?

Please help me....

Chris

Re:Indy Post issue - urgent please!

"Chris Veale" <cve...@hortresearch.co.nz> wrote in news:3d1a5697$1_1@dnews:

> How can I verify and access the data I am supposed to be posting
> to make sure the data is in fact being sent to the web server?

Use a debug log component and you can watch all the data.

   Want more Indy stuff? Try the Atozed Indy Portal at
        http://www.atozedsoftware.com/
    * More Demos
    * Articles
    * Commercial Support

Posted by ELKNews 1.0.4-B
Empower your News Reader! http://www.atozedsoftware.com

Kudzu <c...@hower.org> wrote:
>"Chris Veale" <cve...@hortresearch.co.nz> wrote in news:3d1a5697$1_1@dnews:
>> How can I verify and access the data I am supposed to be posting
>> to make sure the data is in fact being sent to the web server?

>Use a debug log component and you can watch all the data.

I am using one already as I am testing the component using your idhttpclient demo and just uploading to our web server.

In the log it says....

Connected.