SendKey or Presskey type operation ?

I have a problem where I need to simulate a key press activity.

Basically, if the user presses a key, depending on which key, the
program will perform an action and then it needs to press another key,
or at least send a message that another key has been pressed.

Any help ?

Re:SendKey or Presskey type operation ?

I also would love to know how to simulate a CTRL key press for an on-click
event, any guru's out there have any idea's?
--
pax,
simon {remove space to reply}

OzBod <p...@pop.cc.adfa.oz.au> wrote in article
<5o56ga$87...@euryale.cc.adfa.oz.au>...

> I have a problem where I need to simulate a key press activity.

> Basically, if the user presses a key, depending on which key, the
> program will perform an action and then it needs to press another key,
> or at least send a message that another key has been pressed.

> Any help ?

Re:SendKey or Presskey type operation ?

Hi,

I've got the source to do this using Win32 API in (dare I say it here?) VB.
It wouldn't be hard to mod it for Delphi as VB just provides the structure
of the program and the API calls do the actual key presses.
It's available at http://www.ozemail.com.au/~clatta in the download
section.

I hope this helps.
--
Valinis <vali...@logicworld.com.aux>
Remove last "x" to send non-spam email

OzBod <p...@pop.cc.adfa.oz.au> wrote in article
<5o56ga$87...@euryale.cc.adfa.oz.au>...

> I have a problem where I need to simulate a key press activity.

> Basically, if the user presses a key, depending on which key, the
> program will perform an action and then it needs to press another key,
> or at least send a message that another key has been pressed.

Re:SendKey or Presskey type operation ?

in short . there are a few faq's that tackle this topic, just search the
web for " delphi faq's" and you'll find a site that has a faq that will
discuss sendkeys.  theres a sendkey.pas unit available on the web. if u
look and cant find it mail me and ill send it to u, but look first, ull
get a loot more goodies by looking for the faq, chow

Other Threads