setup: D7 dbExpress, MYSQL, NT2000

Two things I just noticed in addition to previous post:

- if I try to run the program from command line on the 'problem' PC -
it works! No matter what I do it won't run from IDE.

- the only difference between 'working' PC and 'problem' PC is that
both 'problem' PCs are AMD Athlon based rather than Intel as the
'good' one

Could it be that Delphi IDE has problem talking to LIBMYSQL.DLL if on
AMD chip??

Regards, Vladimir

>Hi,
>I have weird problem. I have D7 & MYSQL installed on an NT2000 SP3 PC
>and it works just fine.

>Unfortunately I need to move my D7 projects to another PC and no
>matter what I do, the same setup as on the first PC simply wouldn't
>work correctly. I suspected something is wrong with this second PC,
>but when I checked on the third one, I encountered the same troubles.

>On all three PCs I have installed the following:

>- OS is NT 2000 Professional with SP3 installed.
>- MYSQL is 3.23.49 (I was wery carefull that there is only the
>version of LIBMYSQL.DLL which came with it on the PC).
>- Delphi Studio 7 Professional

>What happens is:

>- I place SQLConnection, SimpleDataSet, DataSource and DBGrid
>components on the form. When I connect to database at design time all
>seems OK and I can see the records of the table I am accessing.

>- As soon as I try to run the application, it complains with:
>"EDatabase Error with message dbExpress error: Operation not
>supported"

>In desperation I even installed the OS on the second PC from scratch,
>just to be sure that I have 'clean' PC, but the things stayed the
>same.

>Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

>Regards, Vladimir

Re:setup: D7 dbExpress, MYSQL, NT2000

vladimir,

perhaps it is something to do with midas.dll?  it may not be in path, or
maybe not registered correctly?  Perhaps you could try putting "MidasLib"
in your "uses" and see if that fixes the problem?

also, could you step (de{*word*81} F7) and tell us exactly which line fails?

hth,
paladin

<l...@prim-nov.si> wrote in message news:kgo4ru8ga4um7kd4com7ma5fm9hhnf1pmi@4ax.com...
> Hi,
> I have weird problem. I have D7 & MYSQL installed on an NT2000 SP3 PC
> and it works just fine.

> Unfortunately I need to move my D7 projects to another PC and no
> matter what I do, the same setup as on the first PC simply wouldn't
> work correctly. I suspected something is wrong with this second PC,
> but when I checked on the third one, I encountered the same troubles.

> On all three PCs I have installed the following:

> - OS is NT 2000 Professional with SP3 installed.
> - MYSQL is 3.23.49 (I was wery carefull that there is only the
> version of LIBMYSQL.DLL which came with it on the PC).
> - Delphi Studio 7 Professional

> What happens is:

> - I place SQLConnection, SimpleDataSet, DataSource and DBGrid
> components on the form. When I connect to database at design time all
> seems OK and I can see the records of the table I am accessing.

> - As soon as I try to run the application, it complains with:
> "EDatabase Error with message dbExpress error: Operation not
> supported"

> In desperation I even installed the OS on the second PC from scratch,
> just to be sure that I have 'clean' PC, but the things stayed the
> same.

> Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

> Regards, Vladimir

Re:setup: D7 dbExpress, MYSQL, NT2000

    I used an AMD K6 to run the IDE and MySQL apps with no problems.
    however, that was version D6.2   I upgraded to a P4 before upgrading
    to D7, so I can't match your config exactly.
    But do you always drive image?   Have you ever started an AMD machine
    from Format C:  and *installed* windows and delphi from scratch?

    If yes, then I cannot guess what.  Perhaps some motherboard or bios
    anomaly.  You should probably buy a lottery ticket anyway, since your
    luck seems rare ;)

-paladin

Re:setup: D7 dbExpress, MYSQL, NT2000

Hi Bob,

Yes, I think having your code would serve as usefull check. Send
executable as well. I'd like to compile your code from IDE and compare
the result with your exe.

Regards, Vladimir (l...@prim-nov.si)

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 21:37:18 +0100, Bob Swart <b.sw...@chello.nl>
wrote:

>I can send you some source code from a working project (connecting to the
>sample MySQL database), including an executable that works on my machine.
>Perhaps that might help?

Other Threads