Invalid BLOB length??

When I post blob data to sql server 2000,
I got the eception"Invalid BLOB length"
What is the matter??

thank you!

Re:Invalid BLOB length??

I believe this is an ODBC error, you can raise the default 32k blob size
upwards in the ODBC administrator and this solves the problem or keep your
blobs under 32k
"dingding" <dzj...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3ce935af_2@dnews...
> When I post blob data to sql server 2000,
> I got the eception"Invalid BLOB length"
> What is the matter??

> thank you!

Re:Invalid BLOB length??

The BDE cannot handle Blob fields greater than 1 meg in size. Switch
to ADO and you will not have this problem.

Dennis Passmore
Ultimate Software, Inc

"If you cannot conceive the idea you
 will never achieve the desired results"

Re:Invalid BLOB length??

Using the following line of code I'd annotated that exception raises for
BLOB lengths greater than 32 KB. If the BDE supports 1 whole MB  what I'm
doing wrong???

>> TBlobField(Table2.FieldByname('sign')).LoadFromFile('picture.bmp');

Felix

"Dennis Passmore" <dennisp@nospam_dpassmore.com> wrote in message

> The BDE cannot handle Blob fields greater than 1 meg in size. Switch
> to ADO and you will not have this problem.

> Dennis Passmore
> Ultimate Software, Inc

> "If you cannot conceive the idea you
>  will never achieve the desired results"

Re:Invalid BLOB length??

>Using the following line of code I'd annotated that exception raises for
>BLOB lengths greater than 32 KB. If the BDE supports 1 whole MB  what I'm
>doing wrong???

Open the Start Menu/
         Settings/
         Control Panel/
         BDE Administrator/
         Configuration/
         Drivers/
         Native/
         MsSql

Change the default Blob Size field from 32 to 1000.

Dennis Passmore
Ultimate Software, Inc

"If you cannot conceive the idea you
 will never achieve the desired results"