Writing to serial ports

Jeremy Cooke schrieb:

> Hi,

> Could someone tell me how to write characters to a serial port (e.g. like
> you can do in dos with echo xxx >com1:) in Delphi 1.

> Thanks in advance.

> P.S. Please CC any replies via Email to make sure I don't miss them in the
> ng, thanks.

Either you write your own code, using the Windows API, or
use ready made components.

All found on the TP-links site, in chapters serial and Delphi

Franz Glaser

Re:Writing to serial ports

Hi,

Could someone tell me how to write characters to a serial port (e.g. like
you can do in dos with echo xxx >com1:) in Delphi 1.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Please CC any replies via Email to make sure I don't miss them in the
ng, thanks.

Re:Writing to serial ports

If you want to do it with API calls, check out this page on the Microsoft
site..

http://www.microsoft.com/win32dev/base/serial.htm

Jeremy Cooke <jerem...@zetnet.co.uk> wrote in article
<6o0btm$nu...@irk.zetnet.co.uk>...

> Hi,

> Could someone tell me how to write characters to a serial port (e.g. like
> you can do in dos with echo xxx >com1:) in Delphi 1.

> Thanks in advance.

> P.S. Please CC any replies via Email to make sure I don't miss them in
the
> ng, thanks.

Re:Writing to serial ports

On Thu, 9 Jul 1998 18:54:19 +0100, "Jeremy Cooke"

<jerem...@zetnet.co.uk> wrote:
>Hi,

>Could someone tell me how to write characters to a serial port (e.g. like
>you can do in dos with echo xxx >com1:) in Delphi 1.

>Thanks in advance.

I use an excellent freeware serial component, find it at
http://www.mdlive.com/d3k/efreelib.htm

Regards,

Dave.

--