Paradox question

Paradox table, three fields, one is an AUTOINCREMENT.

Trying to put new records into the table.

What do I need to send in the SQL in order to put new records into the
table - I've tried lots of things

insert into employ values (0, name1, name2)
                        ("0", name1, name2)
                        (name1, name2)
                        (,name1,name2)
insert into employ (fornname, surname) values (name1, name2)

and LOTS of others.

Could anyone please help. Thanks in advance.

Paul Linehan.

email replies to my posts appreciated.

reply to plinehan.at.yahoo.com

and/or paul.linehan.at.infosol.ie

Re:Paradox question

Paul Linehan <rubb...@tinet.ie> wrote in article
<35af0679.657265...@news.clubi.ie>...

> Paradox table, three fields, one is an AUTOINCREMENT.

> Trying to put new records into the table.

> What do I need to send in the SQL in order to put new records into the
> table - I've tried lots of things

> insert into employ values (0, name1, name2)
>                    ("0", name1, name2)
>                    (name1, name2)
>                    (,name1,name2)
> insert into employ (fornname, surname) values (name1, name2)

> and LOTS of others.

This one works with all databases:
insert into employ (fornname, surname) values (name1, name2)

Hm... unless you specify pathname in DatabaseName property. Use TDatabase
component.
And don't touch the autoinc field in Insert/Update queries.

--
Regards,

Remove both qwe when replying.
MailTo: robert.qwece...@eunet.qwe.si