Error installing BDE (Could not merge BDE configuration files)

To anyone,

I have an user who received this error when trying to load our Delphi
application with the BDE:

Coule not merge BDE configuration files
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\~GLF125D.TMP and
C:\IDAPI\IDAPI.CFG into C:\IDAPI\IDAPI.CFG

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Thanks,
Steve Pietrek

Re:Error installing BDE (Could not merge BDE configuration files)

Steve,

>I have an user who received this error when trying to load our Delphi
>application with the BDE:

>Coule not merge BDE configuration files
>C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\~GLF125D.TMP and
>C:\IDAPI\IDAPI.CFG into C:\IDAPI\IDAPI.CFG

>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The BDE configuration file is damaged.  Delete it or rename it and you
should be up and running.  Of course you will lose any alias information
that was in the file, but it will get you a clean config file.

Terry

Other Threads