Data fields in Design mode

During building my database app I made a change to one of the tables
it uses, adding a column. This column is not available to assign to a
DBEdit field (it doesn't appear in the drop-down list). How do I make
Delphi 4 'reload' the table's column list.
If I remove the dataset then add it again, the field appears but I'm
sure there's no need for such a drastic action.
Thanks,

NeilF

Re:Data fields in Design mode

Double click the dataset to show the field editor. Right click on the field
editor and select Add fields...

NeilF wrote:
> During building my database app I made a change to one of the tables
> it uses, adding a column. This column is not available to assign to a
> DBEdit field (it doesn't appear in the drop-down list). How do I make
> Delphi 4 'reload' the table's column list.
> If I remove the dataset then add it again, the field appears but I'm
> sure there's no need for such a drastic action.
> Thanks,

> NeilF

Try this:
Double-click on the table.  You should get a list of the the viewable
fields.
Click Add.  You should get a list of avalible fields.  Add your new field.
Now the fields should show up.

Hope this helps you.

HexOne <hex01_@_yahoo.com> wrote in message <news:9m624e$1md$1@news.chatlink.com>...
> NeilF wrote:

> > During building my database app I made a change to one of the tables
> > it uses, adding a column. This column is not available to assign to a
> > DBEdit field (it doesn't appear in the drop-down list). How do I make
> > Delphi 4 'reload' the table's column list.
> > If I remove the dataset then add it again, the field appears but I'm
> > sure there's no need for such a drastic action.
> > Thanks,

> > NeilF

> Try this:
> Double-click on the table.  You should get a list of the the viewable
> fields.
> Click Add.  You should get a list of avalible fields.  Add your new field.
> Now the fields should show up.

> Hope this helps you.

Well, so easy isn't it? Thanks for the replies.

Neil

Other Threads