Problem accessing MS Access odbc database after installing MS SQL7

Hi

After installing MS SQL7 i had problems accessing my MS Access odbc
databases from existing programs.  I installed the new mdac (MS data access
components) and the new BDE 5.01 but stil no luck.  The existing programs
gives me an access violation in either the idodbc32.dll or the idapi32.dll.

I still don't know if the problem lies with the bde or the new odbc files
from ms.

Can anyone help or had the same problem.

Regards

Re:Problem accessing MS Access odbc database after installing MS SQL7

Hi,

Try accessing the database without BDE and like using MS Query or WinSQL. This
way
you can check where the actual problem is. I am accessing SQL 7.0 with BCB and
it is fine.

Thanks,

Imran Hussain
MCP, MCSD
imr...@imranweb.com
FOR FREE Software http://www.imranweb.com/freesoft

--

Re:Problem accessing MS Access odbc database after installing MS SQL7

Which version of the ODBC manager and MSSQL7 drivers are you using?
Antonie Neething wrote:

> Hi

> After installing MS SQL7 i had problems accessing my MS Access odbc
> databases from existing programs.  I installed the new mdac (MS data access
> components) and the new BDE 5.01 but stil no luck.  The existing programs
> gives me an access violation in either the idodbc32.dll or the idapi32.dll.

> I still don't know if the problem lies with the bde or the new odbc files
> from ms.

> Can anyone help or had the same problem.

> Regards

Re:Problem accessing MS Access odbc database after installing MS SQL7

Hi Antonie,

Did you ever get an answer or solution to this problem? I am having the exact
same problem myself.

Thanks,

Garry Wilks

Antonie Neething wrote:
> Hi

> After installing MS SQL7 i had problems accessing my MS Access odbc
> databases from existing programs.  I installed the new mdac (MS data access
> components) and the new BDE 5.01 but stil no luck.  The existing programs
> gives me an access violation in either the idodbc32.dll or the idapi32.dll.

> I still don't know if the problem lies with the bde or the new odbc files
> from ms.

> Can anyone help or had the same problem.

> Regards

Re:Problem accessing MS Access odbc database after installing MS SQL7

SQL Server 7's MDAC 2.1 is the culprit. Go to Microsoft and download
ClsidView and MDAC 2.0 (I think with service pack 2), use ClsidView
to remove MDAC 2.1, and then install MDAC 2.0. The MDAC 2.1 Access
ODBC driver (version 4) does not work with Access 97. This is a known
problem and the only solution so far is do downgrade back to MDAC 2.0.
How this affects your SQL Server 7 install is unknown. I assume you
lose access to the new SQL Server 7 data types, etc.

Matt Jacobs

--

My reply-to address is purposely mangled to thwart auto-reply bots.
Please remove the two leading underscores if you wish to reply via

Re:Problem accessing MS Access odbc database after installing MS SQL7

I saw on the MS Universal Data Access WEB page they have an update to
MDAC 2.1 that addresses MS Jet issues. Maybe this is the fix.

Matt Jacobs

--

My reply-to address is purposely mangled to thwart auto-reply bots.
Please remove the two leading underscores if you wish to reply via
e-mail.

Other Threads