Sending emails with Delphi

Hi,

how can I send an email with Delphi 4 ? I want to use the registered
standard-program for sending. So the thing is not direct sending this email
(which could be done by a standard-delphi-component), but starting the
installed email-editor and transfer the data.

--
Tobias Schachte / SSE
schac...@csi.com

Re:Sending emails with Delphi

On 2 Oct 1998 15:21:08 GMT, Schac...@t-online.de (Tobias Schachte)
wrote:

>Hi,

>how can I send an email with Delphi 4 ? I want to use the registered
>standard-program for sending. So the thing is not direct sending this email
>(which could be done by a standard-delphi-component), but starting the
>installed email-editor and transfer the data.

>--
>Tobias Schachte / SSE
>schac...@csi.com

Suggestion: Check the documentation (or help file, or web site, or
whatever - nobody seems to write proper reference manuals anymore) of
the email program you use for information on its DDE or OLE
capabilities, and make a Delphi program that talks DDE or OLE to the
email software to get it to do what you want.

St?le Sannerud

Tobias Schachte wrote:
> Hi,

> how can I send an email with Delphi 4 ? I want to use the registered
> standard-program for sending. So the thing is not direct sending this email
> (which could be done by a standard-delphi-component), but starting the
> installed email-editor and transfer the data.

> --
> Tobias Schachte / SSE
> schac...@csi.com

You cheat.

get a list of running processes
winexec with "mailto:some...@someaddress.com?subject:somesubject" as the
program
get a list of running processes when winexec returns

the new app/window is your mail agent

I'd suggest cutting and pasting the message to the clipboard, setting focus to
the main window of the email app (whatever that may be), and then pasting the
message in.  Use Winsight to get window handles and ID's for popular email
program.

just a thought.

regards,
asmfiend