32 bit BDE with 16 bit ODBC Drivers

I have a problem that perhaps may just be an installation problem. I have an
NT 4.0 system. I loaded it up with Delphi 2 and BDE. I also loaded it with
Oracle 73 and have loaded the 32 bit ODBC drivers using 32 bit ODBC
administrator. The system also has SQL*Net 2.0. BDE recognizes the 32 bit ODBC
drivers (data sources) that I loaded using the ODBC administrator. So far, no
problem.
But then I realized that I had to load 16 bit ODBC drivers for Oracle 7
because I needed to connect to a SQL*NET 1.0 site! So I did! Then I created
data sources using the 16 bit ODBC administator. And it is there! However the
32 bit ODBC administrator cannot see the data sources I created. I assume
there is no surprise there.?!?!
The real question is, why does the 32 bit BDE not recognize the data sources I
just created using the 16 bit ODBC administrator?
Does this mean I need to load the 16 bit BDE into my system as well?
And if I do then which IDAPI configuration will Delphi use???
I need to be able to use both. Or can I?

Many thanks in advance.

Re:32 bit BDE with 16 bit ODBC Drivers

Hi!

>Does this mean I need to load the 16 bit BDE into my system as well?
>And if I do then which IDAPI configuration will Delphi use???
>I need to be able to use both. Or can I?

No. It's not a problem of BDE it's a problem of ODBC. 32 Bit ODBC doesn't
see 16 Bit ODBC deklarations and so BDE doesn't. But indeed you can use 16
Bit BDE to access 16 Bit ODBC but only with 16 Bit Delphi (= Delphi 1). So
if you want to use 16 and 32 Bit ODBC you have to declare your databases
twice.

regards gue

Other Threads