BDE/ODBC to MSACCESS on NT4 server?

I'm trying to connect to a MS Access database on an NT4 server using
the BDE through the MS ODBC driver (not the native MSACCESS) driver.

My problem is that when accessing the table it alwasy comes up as read
only.  The file is simple with only one unique key and all the fields
are identified in the dataset.

The table is also marked as request live.  Still not luck.  My
question is could there be a problem or something that needs to be
configured or changed on the NT server (I already have full access
rights to the data directory and the data engine directory (on the
server).

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Kelvin Taite
kta...@provair.com

Re:BDE/ODBC to MSACCESS on NT4 server?

What is your SQL statement? Do you have the necessary rights on the server?

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:BDE/ODBC to MSACCESS on NT4 server?

>The table is also marked as request live.  Still not luck.  My
>question is could there be a problem or something that needs to be
>configured or changed on the NT server (I already have full access
>rights to the data directory and the data engine directory (on the
>server).

A ttable does not have a requestLive property so my guess is you are using a
Tquery.  Just because you requestLive for a query doesn't mean you get it.  You
database has to be able to support that query as a live query.

Also when you create an ODBC DSN there is an option to make it readonly you
should check to see how that is set.   Microsoft has also been know to put ODBC
drivers in some products that are only Readonly.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads