Code for quick sort

I am looking for the source code for a procedure called quick sort. It
sorts a given list of items (i.e. integers, chars, or strings). If
anyone could send this to me asap at ma70...@gold.ac.uk I would be very
grateful.

Thanks,

Scottie.

Re:Code for quick sort

In article <35150987.10D6...@mcmail.com>, saund...@mcmail.com says...
:I am looking for the source code for a procedure called quick sort. It
:sorts a given list of items (i.e. integers, chars, or strings). If
:anyone could send this to me asap at ma70...@gold.ac.uk I would be very
:grateful.
:
:Thanks,
:
:Scottie.
:

Let me guess, Goldsmiths college CIS 104 Assignment 4 ? Your email
address betrayed you.

Re:Code for quick sort

In article <35150987.10D6...@mcmail.com>, saund...@mcmail.com says...
:I am looking for the source code for a procedure called quick sort. It
:sorts a given list of items (i.e. integers, chars, or strings). If
:anyone could send this to me asap at ma70...@gold.ac.uk I would be very
:grateful.
:
:Thanks,
:
:Scottie.
:
Maybe I was too mean, give you a hint, there is a Quicksort source code
that comes with Turbo Pascal example, I used that to understand
Quicksort. Maybe you could try that too.

P.S. If you still cannot understand, email to me.

Re:Code for quick sort

> :I am looking for the source code for a procedure called quick sort. It
> :sorts a given list of items (i.e. integers, chars, or strings). If
> :anyone could send this to me asap at ma70...@gold.ac.uk I would be very
> :grateful.

> Maybe I was too mean, give you a hint, there is a Quicksort source code
> that comes with Turbo Pascal example, I used that to understand
> Quicksort. Maybe you could try that too.

   Probably not "too mean" or even direct: if he's a student at a
college/university, there's certainly an excellent library on campus,
fellow students, the instructor, text books, and all manner of resources
(not to mention the Examples for TP, but as a student he might not have
access to that part of the product)!  I don't feel this or similar NGs
should be the first place these students should come when they're behind
in their assignment work (that's not _our_ fault, is it?), without first
exploring the numerous places which exist in their environments - an
impression I usually get from the desperation voiced in these posts.
   Sigh...

Other Threads