Problem when Debugging

2004-01-12 09:25:51 PM
delphi237
Dear friends,
In Delphi7 when debugging, if I press F9 to go on the program, the application does not turn active, it continuos minimized in the task bar. Why ? Is there any configuration to change this?
In Delphi6 it did not happen. The aplication in Delphi 6 turn active automatically after F9 is pressed when Debugging.
Thanks
Marco

Re:Problem when Debugging

Hi Marco ..
Are you sure that neither the main form's WindowState is set to wsMinimized
nor the Application.Minimize is called ?
DelphiNCI
"Marco Azevedo" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Dear friends,

In Delphi7 when debugging, if I press F9 to go on the program, the
application does not turn active, it continuos minimized in the task bar.
Why ? Is there any configuration to change this?

In Delphi6 it did not happen. The aplication in Delphi 6 turn active
automatically after F9 is pressed when Debugging.

Thanks

Marco

Re:Problem when Debugging

Hi friend,
Yes, I am sure. Maybe I am not clearly enough.
Imagine folowing:
You have a form (frm1) and a Button (btn1) into this form. This button (btn1) has an OnClick event. In this event has a breakpoint (F5).
Pressing F9 the application runs OK and frm1 appears OK.
Clicking the btn1, the aplication returns to delphi source editor because BreakPoint.
If I press F9 again to continue running the application, the application does not appear again like Delphi6, 5, 4 and 3. To return to application I must click in it task bar icon. This is the problem.
Thanks and sorry, my english is begginer.

>Dear friends,
>
>In Delphi7 when debugging, if I press F9 to go on the program, the
application does not turn active, it continuos minimized in the task bar.
Why ? Is there any configuration to change this?

>In Delphi6 it did not happen. The aplication in Delphi 6 turn active
automatically after F9 is pressed when Debugging.

>Thanks
>
>Marco

Re:Problem when Debugging

"Marco Azevedo" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote
Imagine folowing:
You have a form (frm1) and a Button (btn1) into this form.
This button (btn1) has an OnClick event. In this event has
a breakpoint (F5).
Pressing F9 the application runs OK and frm1 appears OK.
Clicking the btn1, the aplication returns to delphi source editor
because BreakPoint. If I press F9 again to continue running
the application, the application does not appear again like
Delphi6, 5, 4 and 3. To return to application I must click in
it task bar icon. This is the problem.
Marco, That is very clear. I have observed the same. It
may be a new *feature*. I do not know why it is changed.
It may just be an artifact of fixing another bug.
Regards, JohnH