Word97, Word200, Office2003

2004-06-10 07:37:41 PM
delphi104
Hello all,
We had previous written reusable code for mail merge using the word type
library. I am rewriting them without the type library but using
TWordApplication & TWordDocument. I need to write the functions in a way it
could handle word documents of different versions of MSWord.
How can I get around having to use Word2000, Word97 and WordXP in the uses
clause and use variables of that particular word version type, each time I
use a different version of word ? How can I write a function to cater all
available versions of MSWord. (97,2000,XP)? Can you help?
Dil

Re:Word97, Word200, Office2003

How can I get around having to use Word2000, Word97 and WordXP in the uses
clause and use variables of that particular word version type, each time I
use a different version of word ? How can I write a function to cater
all
available versions of MSWord. (97,2000,XP)? Can you help?
Surely the Word97 version will do everything you want?
Oliver Townshend

Re:Word97, Word200, Office2003

It worked. Thank you for the information.
Dil Silva
"Oliver Townshend" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes