I need BARCODE componnents, need help!!!

I'm developing app for videostores, & plan to include a barcode for
members ID and for movie ID. If anybody know some good free barcode
commponent please mail...

Re:I need BARCODE componnents, need help!!!

Turbo Power Software supplies powerfull Bar Code VCL components as a
part of their SysTools (or something like this...) package. To learn more
go to www.turbopower.com.
Good luck, Marek.
Jean Pierre wrote in message <36c6ddb4.3860...@news.tel.hr>...
>I'm developing app for videostores, & plan to include a barcode for
>members ID and for movie ID. If anybody know some good free barcode
>commponent please mail...

Re:I need BARCODE componnents, need help!!!

If you are going to GENERATE the barcodes and print them, then I suggest the
SysTools 2 by Turbopower (www.turbopower.com). It is low cost supports most
commonly used 1 dimensional codes including UPC A and E and Code 3 of 9 etc.

If you are going to READ them, you should contact Welch-Allyn, Instruments &
Equipment, or any of a number of possible suppliers of either RS232 or Keyboard
Wedge type wands or scanners. I prefer the Keyboard Wedge type because the
input appears as though it was manually keyed in. Thus, if the barcode is
unreadable for any reason, you can manually input the number (from the human
readable characters printed with the barcode) and complete the transaction,
without having to default to a different input method.

Just some suggestions.

Bill Burt, Jr.
BBur...@AOL.COM

Re:I need BARCODE componnents, need help!!!

A cheaper alternative is the barcode VCL sold by SoftSector.
See www.softsector.com

Tim Nason
Hub Meat Packers Ltd.
Moncton, NB

Tim Nason wrote in message <36c99f8c.12209...@allnews.nbnet.nb.ca>...
>A cheaper alternative is the barcode VCL sold by SoftSector.
>See www.softsector.com

or look at Delphi Super Page:
http://SunSITE.ICM.edu.pl/delphi/ftp/d20free/tbarcode.zip (8,973 bytes)
  A Free Barcode Component - Code_2_5_industrial, Code_2_5_matrix,
  Code39, Code39Extended, Code128A, Code128B, Code128C, Code93,
  Code93Extended, CodeMSI, CodePostNet, CodeCodabar ( ver. 1.0 )
  ( FREEWARE d2.0x & d3.0x & d4.0x ) by Andreas Schmidt

Re:I need BARCODE componnents, need help!!!

The company that I work for sells a  set of bar code DLLs that
generate exceptionally high quality bar code graphics as windows
metafiles. The DLLs also do everything for you including calculating
check digits and all the other important features of a bar code.
If you are looking to create perfect bar codes that will print
perfectly on any printer, then our DLLs are the best solution
available. If you are interested, please visit http://www.taltech.com
I believe that we have a nice demo of the package in the Free Software
section of the web site which includes sample VB and C++ source code
(sorry, no Delphi source code yet but maybe very soon).

It is not a custom control however it does produce the best bar codes
possible out of a Windows program and it is fairly easy to use.

It is also not free however it is very well supported and fully
guaranteed. (you get what you pay for)

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999 20:28:20 GMT, el_brani...@usa.net (Jean Pierre)
wrote:

>I'm developing app for videostores, & plan to include a barcode for
>members ID and for movie ID. If anybody know some good free barcode
>commponent please mail...

Re:I need BARCODE componnents, need help!!!

SkyLine Tools Imaging Announces NEW ROYALTY FREE BARCODE RECOGNITION
SUITE
Trial Version of Barcode Recognition Suite
www.imagelib.com
SkyLine Tools Imaging  announces the availability of a trial version for the
Barcode
Recognition Suite.   The  barcode recognition toolkit is available for Delphi,
Visual Basic, Visual C++ and Borland C++Builder.  (An Active X will soon be
available.)

The proprietary algorithm developed by the SkyLine Tools Imaging engineers is
based on
the fuzzy logic approach in image recognition.  This approach solves the
problem of identifying barcode type and will decode a barcode value in a
fraction of a second.  The user needs only to define the  graphical image of
the barcode as a graphical file:

(BMP, TIFF, JPEG) or any other supported format) or as a  DIB handle, or
HBitmap, or
HDC .  The powerful new barcode module will do the rest.

SkyLine Tools Imaging supports most of the widely used Barcode standards
including:
* EAN13
* EAN8
* UPCA
* UPCE
* 2OF5
* 2OF5I
* 3OF9
* 93
* CODABAR
* MSI
* 128
* POSTNET
* ROYALMAIL

The Barcode Suite comes as a DLL which interfaces for Visual Basic, Delphi,
Visual C++ and Borland C++ Builder. These interfaces include five calls to
the DLL.  Currently the position of the code must be known , but we are
working to give you position recognition in the next few weeks.

Barcode recognition is always done from a black and white one bit image. If
you have a color image , it must be converted to a black and white image. This
can be done in most of the ImageLib Corporate Suite Toolkits.

ROYALTY FREE:

* If you purchase the Barcode Suite now, you will have a lifetime
royalty free license for the product and its updates and upgrades.

n article <36c99f8c.12209...@allnews.nbnet.nb.ca>,