LHC is dangerous?

2008-04-10 04:17:38 PM
delphi258
www.risk-evaluation-forum.org/anon1.htm
What do you think? It gonna be Another World or Half Life?

Re:LHC is dangerous?

What do you think? ...
LHC is DEAD.
Robert H
--

Re:LHC is dangerous?

Robert Horbry-Smith пишет:
LHC is DEAD.
How come? o_O
Isn't it supposed to be started soon?

Re:LHC is dangerous?

Where do you get that? They're getting very close to going on line.
As for the concerns expressed in this article, I am not losing any sleep.
Ray
"Robert Horbry-Smith" <rhorbry*iinet.net,au>writes

>What do you think? ...

LHC is DEAD.

Robert H

--

Re:LHC is dangerous?

www.risk-evaluation-forum.org/anon1.htm
What do you think?
Whether mini black holes possible or not, it seems like a wonderful subject for use by the unscrupulous scientist or even socialologist to get a grant from the government to do further "study". --JohnH

Re:LHC is dangerous?

Take this to .off-topic, please.
--
Craig Stuntz [TeamB] · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH
Please read and follow Borland's rules for the user of their

Re:LHC is dangerous?

Robert Horbry-Smith writes:
>What do you think? ...

LHC is DEAD.

I think you're getting it confused with a similar project
that's based in the States. It was supposed to be a
super collider of some sort. (I've found the reference.
It was Texas' Super Conducting Super Collider project
which was cancelled in 1993.)
As for creating mini blackholes, it could prove 'potentially'
dangerous, but not being a physicist, my understanding
is limited. I mean, if they 'do' create a mini-black hole
within a collider, wouldn't this said black-hole start
'sucking' the internals of the collider making it implode
and thus open the whole world to being 'sucked' within?
(As that saying goes, "That would really suck.")
Edmund

Re:LHC is dangerous?

Technically speaking, it could have a tremendous impact on CodeGear and
Delphi.
We could start seeing fractions of bits disappear faster than we can write
the code... which would lead to complaints about the stability of the IDE.
;)
--
best regards
Kim Madsen
Take this to .off-topic, please.

Please read and follow Borland's rules for the user of their
server: support.borland.com/entry.jspa

Re:LHC is dangerous?

I am a Delphi programmer and I also physics. They are a good combination!
I believe that LHC is 100% safe. The energy it can generate on collision is
olny 1% of those colistion that cosmic particle generate when hitting to
earth athmosphere.
I am sure I can write Delphi next year too :-)
Best regards,
Jaakko Salmenius
www.sisulizer.com - Three simple steps to localize

Re:LHC is dangerous?

Didier,
| Only the 1s will disappear, the 0s should stay
|
| Or do I get my physics wrong
Maybe,... my understanding is that a 1 and a 0 will combine and
annihilate each other and BOTH disappear. ;-)
04/12/2008 09:56:59
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's Salutation mod]

Re:LHC is dangerous?

"Q Correll" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Maybe,... my understanding is that a 1 and a 0 will combine and
annihilate each other and BOTH disappear. ;-)
Gee, I thought that when a 1 and a 0 combine, they produce offspring having
some 1 characteristics, and some 0 characteristics. For example, the child
may be able to be a divisor without nuking the world (a 1 characteristic),
but all attempts at multiplication result in, well, zero results (a 0
characteristic). As to whether he (or she) is tall and skinny or tall and
plump depends on which parent he favors. And diet, of course. :^)
Cheers,
Van Swofford
Tybee Jet Corp.

Re:LHC is dangerous?

TJC,
<wandering away><shaking head>
04/13/2008 09:20:16
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's Salutation mod]

Re:LHC is dangerous?

"Q Correll" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

<wandering away><shaking head>
Well, I didn't get to go to Sun N Fun this year, so I am going a little stir
crazy. Funny stuff happens when I don't get to play with all the planes....
Van

Re:LHC is dangerous?

TJC,
| Funny stuff happens when I don't get to play with all the planes....
<chuckle>Yeah,... that is a bummer.
04/13/2008 15:45:43
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's Salutation mod]