Re: The Delphi Hour

2006-07-27 04:32:35 AM
delphi281
Don Strenczewilk writes:
on't know what you guys were doing behind the mic but there sure
seemed to be a lot of heavy breathing going on there.
Yeah, I heard that too. I think it was Jacob's mike.
Still perfecting things...
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi/C# Product Manager - DevCo

Re: The Delphi Hour

I think Nick did mentioned that a possibility to be notified (email or
similar) about upcoming "DH#n" is in the pipe
One thing *I* think would be good would be to have an ability to mail
to your bdn account maybe?

Re: The Delphi Hour

>on't know what you guys were doing behind the mic but there sure
>seemed to be a lot of heavy breathing going on there.

Yeah, I heard that too. I think it was Jacob's mike.
Actually, I also suspect that it was my mic. I had it turned off at the
beginning and when I wasn't the featured attraction; was the sound there
then? it is a headset mic - not a cheap one, but not terribly expensive
either, and I probably had it a little close to my face. Plus, with the
echo I was experiencing, I couldn't really hear what I was doing very well.
If there's a next time, I will look at some sort of better mic arrangement,
and hopefully they'll lose the echo.
--Jacob

Re: The Delphi Hour

Actually, I also suspect that it was my mic. I had it turned off at the
beginning and when I wasn't the featured attraction; was the sound there
then? it is a headset mic - not a cheap one, but not terribly expensive
either, and I probably had it a little close to my face. Plus, with the
echo I was experiencing, I couldn't really hear what I was doing very well.
If there's a next time, I will look at some sort of better mic arrangement,
and hopefully they'll lose the echo.

It's very easy to breathe into a mike (and not know it) if it is not away
from your
mouth (on the side, below, etc). I can usually fix audio levels on my
side, but I can't
filter out breathing.
Also, I am not sure what to do about the echo. We couldn't hear it, and
it's not
on the stream.
--
Anders Ohlsson - blogs.borland.com/ao/
Borland Developer Tools Group ("DevCo")

Re: The Delphi Hour

Anders Ohlsson (Borland) writes:

>Actually, I also suspect that it was my mic. I had it turned off
>at the beginning and when I wasn't the featured attraction; was
>the sound there then? it is a headset mic - not a cheap one, but
>not terribly expensive either, and I probably had it a little
>close to my face. Plus, with the echo I was experiencing, I
>couldn't really hear what I was doing very well. If there's a next
>time, I will look at some sort of better mic arrangement, and
>hopefully they'll lose the echo.

It's very easy to breathe into a mike (and not know it) if it is not
away from your mouth (on the side, below, etc). I can usually fix
audio levels on my side, but I can not filter out breathing.

Also, I am not sure what to do about the echo. We couldn't hear it,
and it is not on the stream.
todmaffin.com/blogs/radio/
and
www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2006/03/how_to_make_a_diy_mic_winds
cre.html
(lots of other wierd stuff on the last site, like Power tool Drag
racing...)
--
John Wester
- Life is complex. It has real and imaginary parts.

Re: The Delphi Hour

Jacob --
Not a problem - we really appreciate you being on the show.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi/C# Product Manager - DevCo
blogs.borland.com/nickhodges

Re: The Delphi Hour

If you had it too close it may have been picking up breath from your nose
too. Anyhow, it was an interesting interview, and let me also be the first
to compliment you on the fine respiratory system. :)
"Jacob Thurman" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Actually, I also suspect that it was my mic. I had it turned off at the
beginning and when I wasn't the featured attraction; was the sound there
then? it is a headset mic - not a cheap one, but not terribly expensive
either, and I probably had it a little close to my face. Plus, with the
echo I was experiencing, I couldn't really hear what I was doing very
well. If there's a next time, I will look at some sort of better mic
arrangement, and hopefully they'll lose the echo.

Re: The Delphi Hour

blogs.borland.com/nickhodges/archive/2006/08/23/26914.aspx
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi/C# Product Manager - Borland DTG
blogs.borland.com/nickhodges

Re: The Delphi Hour

That's in one hour from now if my time zone calculation is correct?
--
Finn Tolderlund

Finn Tolderlund writes:
That's in one hour from now if my time zone calculation is correct?
Well, actually fifty minutes. ;-)
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi/C# Product Manager - Borland DTG
blogs.borland.com/nickhodges

Re: The Delphi Hour

blogs.borland.com/nickhodges/archive/2006/08/23/26914.aspx
For those that missed it, I see that the replay has been posted already.
bdn.borland.com/article/33651
--
Cheers,
David Clegg

Re: The Delphi Hour

Nick Hodges (Borland/DevCo) writes:
blogs.borland.com/nickhodges/archive/2006/08/23/26914.aspx
Dang.. I missed another one. Btw Nick, what has happened to your old
blog(s), and NixBlox?
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Re: The Delphi Hour

Dave Nottage [TeamB] writes:
Dang.. I missed another one. Btw Nick, what has happened to your old
blog(s), and NixBlox?
Argh. I need to find a server to host nixblox.com. I guess they shut
that server down back in Minnesota. Bummer.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi/C# Product Manager - Borland DTG
blogs.borland.com/nickhodges

Re: The Delphi Hour

"Nick Hodges (Borland/DevCo)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
blogs.borland.com/nickhodges/archive/2006/08/23/26914.aspx

What are theses Delphi hours...will there be a C++ Builder hour also?

Re: The Delphi Hour

Relaxin writes:
What are theses Delphi hours...will there be a C++ Builder hour also?
Maybe when we hire a C++ product manager.