Re: Will there be an update 3 for D2005 ?

2005-03-31 04:05:15 AM
delphi265
Ingvar Nilsen writes:
John Kaster (Borland) writes:

>I have learned over the years to be
>deliberately vague

I am not absolutely sure what you mean here..

Let us analyze that!
I think, he succeeded in doing what he wanted to do!
or he realized what he has been doing all these years! :)

Re: Will there be an update 3 for D2005 ?

John Kaster (Borland) wrote in <424afce7$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>:
There are far too many people over-analyzing posts on these newsgroups
to wring promises out of them. I have learned over the years to be
deliberately vague because of the tendency of people to confuse
intention or considerations with a delivery promise.
Which is the exact opposite of what people have been clamoring for-- a
roadmap or at least /more/ information. I am beginning to think that
internally at Borland they call your department the "Ministry of
Disinformation". :P
Say... you wouldn't have happened to change your name from Saeed
al-Sahaf would you? <g>
Will
For those who may have forgotten the esteemed al-Sahaf;
www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/
--
Want native support in Delphi for AMD64/EM64T? Vote here--
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx

Re: Will there be an update 3 for D2005 ?

On 30 Mar 2005 04:28:09 -0800, "Brian" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Now, did he mean "update" or not?
Seems to me he meant release...
- Asbjørn

Lord Crc wrote in <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>:
>Now, did he mean "update" or not?

Seems to me he meant release...
Product release or update release though? :P It really was a vague
statement-- either Borland is planning another update or they're not,
why this BS with making people *guess*?
Will
--
Want native support in Delphi for AMD64/EM64T? Vote here--
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx

Re: Will there be an update 3 for D2005 ?

Gratuitous personal attack cancelled.
How to ask questions the smart way:

www.ingvarius.com

Craig Stuntz [TeamB] wrote in <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>:

Gratuitous personal attack cancelled.
You have a very low threshold for what a "gratuitous person attack" is
then, I take it.
Sad.
Will
--

Will DeWitt Jr. writes:
You have a very low threshold for what a "gratuitous person attack" is
then, I take it.
Yes, namecalling qualifies.
-Craig
Want to help make Delphi and InterBase better? Use QC!
qc.borland.com -- Vote for important issues

Ingvar Nilsen writes:
I am not absolutely sure what you mean here..
LOL!
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Satya writes:
Ingvar Nilsen writes:

>John Kaster (Borland) writes:
>
>>I have learned over the years to be deliberately vague
>I am not absolutely sure what you mean here..
Let us analyze that!
Of course!
I think, he succeeded in doing what he wanted to do! or he realized
what he has been doing all these years! :)
No, it is clear that the original goal was not reached, and that he had
to adjust underway, and that he first now is doing what he has to do to
achieve the aim he firstly never dreamt of was an aim at all!
--
Ingvar Nilsen
www.ingvarius.com

Will DeWitt Jr. writes:
why this BS with making people guess?
No one has to guess, but people insist on doing so anyway.
We're aware of the issue and are working on addressing it. Further
details will be provided when they firm up, as has been the case since
these newsgroups first were created. Nothing new here.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
If it is not here, it is not happening: ec.borland.com

Re: Will there be an update 3 for D2005 ?

Craig Stuntz [TeamB] wrote in <424b1909$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>:
Yes, namecalling qualifies.
Asking if he changed his name, then putting a <g>next to it qualifies?
Or was it the alternate name for DevRel? Or both?
Will
--

"Ingvar Nilsen" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
John Kaster (Borland) writes:
>I have learned over the years to be
>deliberately vague

I am not absolutely sure what you mean here..
<g>

Will DeWitt Jr. writes:
Craig Stuntz [TeamB] wrote in <424b1909$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>:

>Yes, namecalling qualifies.

Asking if he changed his name, then putting a <g>next to it
qualifies? Or was it the alternate name for DevRel? Or both?
Will, it isn't that difficult to write posts which don't resort to
childish insults. Despite the writing of a very few people here, this
is intended to be a professional forum. Please don't ask me to explain
to you how to avoid insulting people. Those incapable of figuring this
out for themselves shouldn't be posting here.
-Craig
Useful articles about InterBase development:
blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/category/21.aspx

"John Kaster (Borland)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
We're aware of the issue and are working on addressing it. Further
details will be provided when they firm up, as has been the case since
these newsgroups first were created. Nothing new here.
And that is about the best we're likely to get. Borland knows
about the problem, and is devoting resources to addressing it.
Perhaps BaSS and Will don't remember the Bad Old Days when
Borland would not say one word about the possibility of a patch
until the day it showed up available for download. If they're
still reluctant to say how many patches a product will have,
and when they'll be released, what we've got now is still an improvement.
Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM