Delphi .NET + C# Builder

2004-04-25 04:04:59 PM
delphi153
With the recent speculations, that Delphi .NET and C# Builder should be
bundled or be part of the same IDE, I just like to make one wish:
I don't hope it will end with the same mess, that I find in MSDN when
looking for VB6 help and I find help from VC++ and a bunch of other
tools all mixed up. Or the way Delphi 7 help keeps asking me if I want to see
CLX or VCL help, when I try to locate something.
To put it shortly: Please allow us only to install 1 of them, if you
decide to bundle it. And if I install both, I want to be able to start
them as seperate applications in the same way as Delphi 6 and D7.

Re:Delphi .NET + C# Builder

I don't hope it will end with the same mess, that I find in MSDN when
tools all mixed up. Or the way Delphi 7 help keeps asking me if I want to see
CLX or VCL help, when I try to locate something.
I 100% agree...
decide to bundle it. And if I install both, I want to be able to start
them as seperate applications in the same way as Delphi 6 and D7.
I 100% diagree... I want all in same IDE... (I want to be able to
step-into and debug C# libraries while writing my own code in OP).
--
Thomas Schulz
I need feedback on my MultiBatcher (plugins) SDK!

Re:Delphi .NET + C# Builder

I don't hope it will end with the same mess, that I find in MSDN when
looking for VB6 help and I find help from VC++ and a bunch of other
tools all mixed up. Or the way Delphi 7 help keeps asking me if I want to see
CLX or VCL help, when I try to locate something.
It took me 2 minutes today to stop Delphi 7 doing this. Maybe you need to read
your manual, or ask in a newsgroup.
Oliver Townshend

Re:Delphi .NET + C# Builder

Uffe Kousgaard writes:
I don't hope it will end with the same mess, that I find in MSDN when
looking for VB6 help and I find help from VC++ and a bunch of other
tools all mixed up. Or the way Delphi 7 help keeps asking me if I want to see
CLX or VCL help, when I try to locate something.
Just select "Help/Customize.." and remove everything behind the four
tabs with text like "CLX" and stuff. Problem fixed for good.
David

Re:Delphi .NET + C# Builder

To remove CLX from the help, just open <Delphi>\Bin\ohe.exe the open
the project <Delphi>\Help\d7.olp and remove the "CLX Reference" from
the index and link tabs and finally save the project.
Have fun
Chris
Uffe Kousgaard writes:
With the recent speculations, that Delphi .NET and C# Builder should
be bundled or be part of the same IDE, I just like to make one wish:

I don't hope it will end with the same mess, that I find in MSDN when
looking for VB6 help and I find help from VC++ and a bunch of other
tools all mixed up. Or the way Delphi 7 help keeps asking me if I want to
see CLX or VCL help, when I try to locate something.

To put it shortly: Please allow us only to install 1 of them, if you
decide to bundle it. And if I install both, I want to be able to start
them as seperate applications in the same way as Delphi 6 and D7.
To email me remove the obvious

Re:Delphi .NET + C# Builder

"Oliver Townshend" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

It took me 2 minutes today to stop Delphi 7 doing this. Maybe you need to
read
your manual, or ask in a newsgroup.
Well, actually that problem seems to be solved some time ago. I had not
noticed.