An advise for all 3rd party component vendors...

There is a list compiled by Andreano Lanusse which lists 3rd party
components those are compitible with RAD STUDIO 2007 and Delphi 2007 for WIN32,
this is really a good information for those who want to upgrade to the
latest IDE from codegear, you know there are still many D6, Delphi 7 users out
there. So if your component is not in the list, please email Andreano.
The list is at
dn.codegear.com/article/37455
Edwin.

Re:An advise for all 3rd party component vendors...

and I have just advised for NexusDB to be added the list.
--
Malcolm
Townsville, Australia

"Edwin" schrieb:
The list is at
dn.codegear.com/article/37455
So if your component is not in the list, please email Andreano.
Thank you for the info. E-Mail sent.
Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec, Team RTC
www.realthinclient.com

Re:An advise for all 3rd party component vendors...

There is a list compiled by Andreano Lanusse which lists 3rd party
components those are compitible with RAD STUDIO 2007 and Delphi 2007 for WIN32,
this is really a good information for those who want to upgrade to the
latest IDE from codegear, you know there are still many D6, Delphi 7 users out
there. So if your component is not in the list, please email Andreano.
A little bit more research before posting the list would have be good--how
he missed ReportBuilder, I don't know.

Re:An advise for all 3rd party component vendors...

>There is a list compiled by Andreano Lanusse which lists 3rd party
>components those are compitible with RAD STUDIO 2007 and Delphi 2007 for
>WIN32, this is really a good information for those who want to upgrade to
>the latest IDE from codegear, you know there are still many D6, Delphi 7 users
>out there. So if your component is not in the list, please email
>Andreano.

A little bit more research before posting the list would have be good--how
he missed ReportBuilder, I don't know.
My personal opinion that publication of such serious uncompleted list at DN
site is not good idea at all. There are too many products which are not
included and, while this list published at DN site (CodeGear), such
publication can turn vendor's customers and users of free components and
tools to the wrong directions (i.e. they can think wrong about D2007/RAD
Studio 2007 compatibility).

Re:An advise for all 3rd party component vendors...

In article <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, XXXX@XXXXX.COM (Ed Dressel)
writes:
A little bit more research before posting the list would have be
good--how he missed ReportBuilder, I don't know.
Or all the other components that were tested against Delphi 2007 prior to
it's release and which are included on the Companion disk, and which are
already listed in Code Central as being available for Delphi 2007.
Angus

Re:An advise for all 3rd party component vendors...

I agree with Torry,
"Torry" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
>>There is a list compiled by Andreano Lanusse which lists 3rd party
>>components those are compitible with RAD STUDIO 2007 and Delphi 2007 for
>>WIN32, this is really a good information for those who want to upgrade to
>>the latest IDE from codegear, you know there are still many D6, Delphi 7 users
>>out there. So if your component is not in the list, please email
>>Andreano.
>

>A little bit more research before posting the list would have be good--how
>he missed ReportBuilder, I don't know.

My personal opinion that publication of such serious uncompleted list at DN
site is not good idea at all. There are too many products which are not
included and, while this list published at DN site (CodeGear), such
publication can turn vendor's customers and users of free components and
tools to the wrong directions (i.e. they can think wrong about D2007/RAD
Studio 2007 compatibility).

--
Best regards
Maxim Peresada
Torry's Delphi Pages www.torry.net

Re:An advise for all 3rd party component vendors...

If CG keeps updating this list, I guess the side effect can be minimal.

Re:An advise for all 3rd party component vendors...

IMHO that article is absolutely inappropriate. The facts as:
- It is published on DN
- Comes from Andreano with @codegear.com email
- States "List of _MAIN_ 3rd party components..."
make it look like very serious article.
But the only fact that most of Borland Tech Partners with their products
shipped on 2007 Companion CD even not mentioned makes it very pure source of
information and it is really sad that such articles get published on DN.
This just decreases it is quality dramatically.
Just hope CodeGear people will try to make their work better in future.
--
Best regards.
TsiLang Components Suite - Best Globalization Tool 2004