Open Source (or Free) UML case tool that can generate Delphi Code?

2003-11-11 12:47:16 AM
delphi71
I can not use Model Maker or other commercial software for design my UML
diagrams.. :-(
There is some good alternative Open Source or Freeware for design my
Diagrams and generate Delphi Code?
Thanx in advance
--- posted by geoForum on www.delphiedintorni.it

Re:Open Source (or Free) UML case tool that can generate Delphi Code?

Daniele Teti writes:
| I can not use Model Maker or other commercial software for design my UML
| diagrams.. :-(
Why not?
Consultant Software Engineer
TeamBUG support for UK-BUG
TeamMM support for ModelMaker

Daniele Teti writes:
| I can not use Model Maker or other commercial software for design my UML
| diagrams.. :-(
Please do not cross post; choose one group only. this has already been
answered in oodesign.
Joanna

Joanna Carter (TeamB) writes:
Daniele Teti writes:

| I can not use Model Maker or other commercial software for design my UML
| diagrams.. :-(

Please do not cross post; choose one group only. this has already been
answered in oodesign.
OK, excuse me... this is a big problem for me :-(

Joanna Carter (TeamB) writes:
Daniele Teti writes:

| I can not use Model Maker or other commercial software for design my UML
| diagrams.. :-(

Why not?

There is a problem in Model Maker... must be buyed!!!
My new boss dont wont!! :-(

Re:Open Source (or Free) UML case tool that can generate Delphi Code?

@(AT)libero(ANDTHIS)dotit" <""tdsoftCUTTHIS\"@(AT)libero(ANDTHIS)dotit
writes:
| There is a problem in Model Maker... must be buyed!!!
That is a shame, because it really is the best most completely integrated
tool for Delphi, and the licensing is really cheap compared with some - only
?299 for a single user and even cheaper for a site licence.
Just tell your bosses how much time they will save by using such a high
quality tool :-)
Joanna
Consultant Software Engineer
TeamBUG support for UK-BUG
TeamMM support for ModelMaker

Re:Open Source (or Free) UML case tool that can generate Delphi Code?

There is a problem in Model Maker... must be buyed!!!

My new boss dont wont!! :-(
Then your boss will have to accept that you wont be designing your classes
in UML.

AT writes:
Joanna Carter (TeamB) writes:

>Daniele Teti writes:
>
>| I can not use Model Maker or other commercial software for design my UML
>| diagrams.. :-(
>
>Please do not cross post; choose one group only. this has already been
>answered in oodesign.

OK, excuse me... this is a big problem for me :-(
Try Poseidon UML modeler. Free and works well.
www.gentleware.com/
If you dual boot, you can also use DIA a freebie for Linux.
www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/

Re:Open Source (or Free) UML case tool that can generate Delphi Code?

Joanna Carter (TeamB) writes:
Many felt compliments.
You deserved it.
Andrew

writes:

| There is a problem in Model Maker... must be buyed!!!

That is a shame, because it really is the best most completely integrated
tool for Delphi, and the licensing is really cheap compared with some - only
?299 for a single user and even cheaper for a site licence.

Just tell your bosses how much time they will save by using such a high
quality tool :-)

I'll try... thanx

Re:Open Source (or Free) UML case tool that can generate Delphi Code?

pNichols writes:
[CUT]
Try Poseidon UML modeler. Free and works well.
www.gentleware.com/

If you dual boot, you can also use DIA a freebie for Linux.

www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/

I must write Delphi Code!

Re:Open Source (or Free) UML case tool that can generate Delphi Code?

one free tools is poseidon.
www.gentleware.com
It is java based.
"Venkat" <reddyp@>writes news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...

"QWork" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>Sorry, try again

Sorry, you try again. I got 404 error again.

-- Venkat

Re:Open Source (or Free) UML case tool that can generate Delphi Code?

Let's try QRational: qwork.cjb.net.
This is free UML add-in for Visual Modeler \ Rational Rose, It allows you
generate Delphi & C# source code.
In order to use it you should have installed Visual Modeler (It comes with
Visual Studio 6) or Rational Rose.
It works exactly as any Rational Rose Add-in.
What is Visual Modeler?
Visual Modeler is a graphical object modeling tool that is tightly
integrated with Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0. Visual Modeler allows you to
fulfill the promise of object-oriented programming by quickly and easily
creating applications that are maintainable, have a long lifetime, and are
comprised of components that can be reused in other applications. These are
the main features of Visual Modeler: Class diagrams - the design of the
system you are about to develop in terms of a model, using a high level of
abstraction. The diagram notation provided by Visual Modeler is a subset of
the modeling constructs defined by the Unified Modeling Language (UML). Code
generation - the ability to automatically generate Visual Basic and Visual
C++ code from the design model you have created with Visual Modeler. With
QRational Add-in you can generate Delphi and C# source code Reverse
engineering - the ability automatically create or update the model with
changes made to the Visual Basic code. Round-trip engineering - the
combination of modeling, code generation, coding, and reverse engineering.
Visual Modeler is a subset of the Rational Rose tool, both developed by
Rational Software Corp.
Code Generation Overview - Delphi
Using the Delphi code generator, you can produce Delphi source code from the
information contained in a model. Code is generated from the selected
classes, or from all classes that are assigned to a selected component.
The code generated for each model element is determined by that element's
specification and model properties. For each class, Visual Modeler produces
a corresponding Delphi class, interface, struct, or enum data type depending
on the stereotype of the class. Each relationship and property of the
classes is translated into a corresponding code declaration depending on the
required implementation strategy. For all user-defined methods, the code
generator produces skeletal method declarations and inserts the
documentation of the method in the generated source file as a code comment.
See more information here:
freehost17.websamba.com/qwork/products/QRational/Index.html
If you have any question, please send us an e-mail: XXXX@XXXXX.COM. You
feedback is welcomed.
"Alan" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
one free tools is poseidon.
www.gentleware.com

It is java based.

"Venkat" <reddyp@>writes

>"QWork" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>>Sorry, try again
>
>Sorry, you try again. I got 404 error again.
>

>-- Venkat

Re:Open Source (or Free) UML case tool that can generate Delphi Code?

"qwork" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>a écrit dans le message de news:
XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
This massage has been cancelled, please post third-party tool adverts in the
third party groups.
Joanna
Consultant Software Engineer
TeamBUG support for UK-BUG
TeamMM support for ModelMaker

Re:Open Source (or Free) UML case tool that can generate Delphi Code?

"Joanna Carter (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>a écrit dans le message
de news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
This massage ...
Should read 'This message ...'