Pdoxusrs.lck file location

I have a paradox database on a network file server.  Can I control the location
for the files Paradox.lck and Pdoxusrs.lck?  I set the default
session.privatedir property to 'c:\temp'.  This causes the application to
create two sets of these files, one in c:\temp and the other set on the file
server where the database is stored.

Thanks for you help.    Tim Essenwein
                                 Ess1...@aol.com

Re:Pdoxusrs.lck file location

Both the NetDir and PrivateDir are required.  It is ESSENTIAL that the
NetDir be the same for all BDE apps hitting the same physical database, and
also ESSENTIAL that the PrivateDir be unique, not only for each machine, but
for each application and instance of an application as well.

You can configure the location of the NetDir from the BDE Administrator
(/start/settings/control panel/BDE admin).

I believe the BDE prefers 1.)  that the NetDir be in a sub-directory (i.e.
not in the root directory), and 2.) that you use UNC to reference the path
(instead of a drive letter)  These are a couple of suggestions from some of
the many FAQ's I've come across that attempt to avoid data corruption
issues...

Typically, in my DataModule.OnCreate event handler I will generate a unique,
random directory name, create the directory, and use this for my PrivateDir
(and then delete it in OnDestroy).

David Rueter
drue...@assyst.com

Ess1990 wrote in message <19990108131629.05232.00009...@ng27.aol.com>...
>I have a paradox database on a network file server.  Can I control the
location
>for the files Paradox.lck and Pdoxusrs.lck?  I set the default
>session.privatedir property to 'c:\temp'.  This causes the application to
>create two sets of these files, one in c:\temp and the other set on the
file
>server where the database is stored.

>Thanks for you help.    Tim Essenwein
>                                 Ess1...@aol.com