MS Access97/NT SP4:External Exception EEFFACE for memo fields

Hi,

After installing NT SP4, I am unable to access memo fields in MS Access 97
databases.

BDE 4.51 always generated External Exception EEFFACE, BDE 5.01 does the
same, but not for memo fields, only for long binary fields.

Any Ideas?

Best regards, Ronald Ruijs
ru...@rvc.nl

Re:MS Access97/NT SP4:External Exception EEFFACE for memo fields

I have experienced the same EEFFACE. My problem was Quickreport. I
downloaded the upgrade and it solved my problems.

Ole
Ronald Ruijs skrev i meddelelsen <784k48$d...@forums.borland.com>...

>Hi,

>After installing NT SP4, I am unable to access memo fields in MS Access 97
>databases.

>BDE 4.51 always generated External Exception EEFFACE, BDE 5.01 does the
>same, but not for memo fields, only for long binary fields.

>Any Ideas?

>Best regards, Ronald Ruijs
>ru...@rvc.nl

Re:MS Access97/NT SP4:External Exception EEFFACE for memo fields

Hi,

I do not use QuickReport.

Meanwhile, I found out that it has something to do with the 'Integrated
Debugging' setting in delphi (I use 3.02). If it is on, no problems, if is
is off, always exceptions.

in BDE 4.51, these error occur trying to access any memo field,
in BDE 5.01, only with long binary fields

All this occurs ONLY if NT SP4 is installed.

Very strange...

OleM wrote in message <784nk9$d...@forums.borland.com>...
>I have experienced the same EEFFACE. My problem was Quickreport. I
>downloaded the upgrade and it solved my problems.

>Ole
>Ronald Ruijs skrev i meddelelsen <784k48$d...@forums.borland.com>...
>>Hi,

>>After installing NT SP4, I am unable to access memo fields in MS Access 97
>>databases.

>>BDE 4.51 always generated External Exception EEFFACE, BDE 5.01 does the
>>same, but not for memo fields, only for long binary fields.

>>Any Ideas?

>>Best regards, Ronald Ruijs
>>ru...@rvc.nl

Re:MS Access97/NT SP4:External Exception EEFFACE for memo fields

Ronald,

> Meanwhile, I found out that it has something to do with the
> 'Integrated Debugging' setting in delphi (I use 3.02). If it is on, no
> problems, if is is off, always exceptions.

> in BDE 4.51, these error occur trying to access any memo field,
> in BDE 5.01, only with long binary fields

> All this occurs ONLY if NT SP4 is installed.

I run into the same problems and symptoms as you describe with
Delphi 4 SP2 and BDE 4.51/5.01 after installing NT 4 SP4 (and still
others report this error in different news groups - see DejaNews).

I made a bug report for Inprise, but didn't get any response. So, if
you'll find a solution, please let me know. I'll do so, too...

Kay

Re:MS Access97/NT SP4:External Exception EEFFACE for memo fields

Hi,
Try this

Take the older version of ntdll.dll (sp3) and exchange it with newer (sp4)
you can make it renaming the ntdll.dll in ntdll.old (because it is in use)
and copy the ntdll.dll (sp3) in the same place.
Make a boot an Hope........