BDE 3 / BDE 4.51, don't work together

Hello,

I've built a D3 App running with BDE 4.51. I must be installed with an
app that uses Paradox Runtime 7 using itself BDE 3.
The problem is that when I make a full installation of BDE 4.51, the BDE
3 app does not work properly (a window can't work with a message looking
like "method IsEmpty does not work") ...
So I tried to make a Partial installation (with InstallShield of course)
but this time, the problem is that if both App work, they can't work at
the same time !

Any hint would be great.

Thanks,

Alexandre Guillien

Re:BDE 3 / BDE 4.51, don't work together

>I've built a D3 App running with BDE 4.51. I must be installed with an
>app that uses Paradox Runtime 7 using itself BDE 3.
>The problem is that when I make a full installation of BDE 4.51, the BDE
>3 app does not work properly (a window can't work with a message looking
>like "method IsEmpty does not work") ...

I ran BDE 4.51 on machines with Paradox 7 for a long time and never had any
problems.  What is the exact error you are getting?

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:BDE 3 / BDE 4.51, don't work together

> >I've built a D3 App running with BDE 4.51. I must be installed with an
> >app that uses Paradox Runtime 7 using itself BDE 3.
> >The problem is that when I make a full installation of BDE 4.51, the BDE
> >3 app does not work properly (a window can't work with a message looking
> >like "method IsEmpty does not work") ...

> I ran BDE 4.51 on machines with Paradox 7 for a long time and never had any
> problems.  What is the exact error you are getting?

Well, it's translated from french :
"An error occurred with the method "IsEmpty" on a TCursor type object".
The error is => "TCursor not opened".

Well, thanks if you can help ... else, too bad !

Alexandre Guillien

Re:BDE 3 / BDE 4.51, don't work together

>Well, it's translated from french :
>"An error occurred with the method "IsEmpty" on a TCursor type object".
>The error is => "TCursor not opened".

You need to find out why the Tcursor did not open.

In paradox you need code like this

if not tc.open("your.db") then
  errorShow()
endif

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:BDE 3 / BDE 4.51, don't work together

> >Well, it's translated from french :
> >"An error occurred with the method "IsEmpty" on a TCursor type object".
> >The error is => "TCursor not opened".

> You need to find out why the Tcursor did not open.

> In paradox you need code like this

> if not tc.open("your.db") then
>   errorShow()
> endif

Well, that's what I feared : I'll have to deal with the people that made the
Paradox 7 software ... not likely to be fast and efficient :(. Thanks for
you help anyway.

Alexandre Guillien

Other Threads