What is needed to modify a component to use it on a DbCtrlGrid?

2003-11-21 10:56:41 AM
delphi36
Hi all,
Basically, I am trying to use some led components on a DbCtrlGrid. I have the
source of the stuff but I am not a usual component writer, so I am a bit
lost in why ths component isn't accepted by the DbCtrlGrid.(shame on me, yes)
Any general guidelines to do the job? What is necessary for a component to
be able to put it on a DbCtrlGrid? I can put a regular Tshape, but not a lot
of other things (even if they are dbaware).
Tips? Help?
TIA
Andrew

Re:What is needed to modify a component to use it on a DbCtrlGrid?

Hello Andrew,
Search newsgroup archives and VCL source files for occurence of
csReplicatable.
"Andrew S. Vaz" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Hi all,

Basically, I am trying to use some led components on a DbCtrlGrid. I have
the
source of the stuff but I am not a usual component writer, so I am a bit
lost in why ths component isn't accepted by the DbCtrlGrid.(shame on me,
yes)

Any general guidelines to do the job? What is necessary for a component
be able to put it on a DbCtrlGrid? I can put a regular Tshape, but not a
lot
of other things (even if they are dbaware).

Tips? Help?

TIA
Andrew

Re:What is needed to modify a component to use it on a DbCtrlGrid?

Thanks for the pointer Andrei. Will do.
Andrew