Product INTERBASE is not licensed...

2006-02-12 07:23:47 PM
delphi220
Hello.
This is ridicolous!
I have both *registered* Delphi 2005 and BDS 2006 pro.
Interbase SHOULD be registered...
What may have happened?
Cheers,
Andrew

Re:Product INTERBASE is not licensed...

Are you talking about the version of IB that comes with BDS 2006?
Did you install IB as part of the BDS install?
What messages appear in the interbase.log file when you try to start IB?
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Bill Todd writes:
Are you talking about the version of IB that comes with BDS 2006?
I installed it with Delphi 2005.
Then I uninstalled D2005, but kept Interbase installed.
What messages appear in the interbase.log file when you try to start IB?
IBServer is running fine and has been so for a long time.
I didn't start it recently, as I mostly leave my PC on all the time.

Andrea Raimondi writes:
Bill Todd writes:
>Are you talking about the version of IB that comes with BDS 2006?

I installed it with Delphi 2005.
Then I uninstalled D2005, but kept Interbase installed.
Reinstall IB from the CD which comes with the version of Delphi you
have installed. The version which comes with BDS is intended to be
installed alongside BDS. I don't know if it is supported to use it
without BDS installed, and I don't know what the BDS uninstaller
removes.
Borland newsgroup denizen Sergio González has a new CD of
Irish music out, and it is good: tinyurl.com/7hgfr

Re:Product INTERBASE is not licensed...

BDS 2006 and InterBase must be installed on the same machine.