BackOffice Resource Kit Utilities???

We just purchased the BackOffice Resource Kit, Second Edition.
The main reason we purchased it was for the SQL Server tools that were
suppose to come with it.  Here is a list of the tools that were suppose
to come with it.  I got this from the May issue of Technet:

---------------------------------
Part 8 provides documentation for tools available on the
Microsoft BackOffice Resource Kit, Second Edition CD-ROM.
The tools in Part 8 are arranged in alphabetic order. Most tools are
available for Intel platforms only and are available only in English.

New tools for this edition:

  BSYNC                                   SQL BCP
  NLSPY                                     SQL Dump
  Query Service Status           SQL Info
  ScriptDB                               Windows NT RSCM
  sp_fixlogins Procedure       xp_timer Procedure
---------------------------------

The problem is that none these utilities are on the CD!!!!  I emailed
Microsoft several times about this but have not received a response yet.

Has anyone purchased the kit and received a CD-ROM with these utilities on
it?

Does anyone know anywhere else to get these utilities?

Thanks in advance...

Jack Taylor - Ohio Department of Transportation
jtay...@odot.dot.ohio.gov

Re:BackOffice Resource Kit Utilities???

So what is on the CD? Maybe you got the wrong thing by mistake.

P.S. Please do not crosspost to so many different places.

--
Kalen Delaney
MCSE, SQL Server MCT, MVP

Jack Taylor wrote in message <357180b...@news.dot.state.oh.us>...
>We just purchased the BackOffice Resource Kit, Second Edition.
>The main reason we purchased it was for the SQL Server tools that were
>suppose to come with it.  Here is a list of the tools that were suppose
>to come with it.  I got this from the May issue of Technet:

-
>---------------------------------
>Part 8 provides documentation for tools available on the
>Microsoft BackOffice Resource Kit, Second Edition CD-ROM.
>The tools in Part 8 are arranged in alphabetic order. Most tools are
>available for Intel platforms only and are available only in English.

>New tools for this edition:

>   BSYNC                                   SQL BCP
>   NLSPY                                     SQL Dump
>   Query Service Status           SQL Info
>   ScriptDB                               Windows NT RSCM
>   sp_fixlogins Procedure       xp_timer Procedure
-

>The problem is that none these utilities are on the CD!!!!  I emailed
>Microsoft several times about this but have not received a response yet.

>Has anyone purchased the kit and received a CD-ROM with these utilities on
>it?

>Does anyone know anywhere else to get these utilities?

>Thanks in advance...

>Jack Taylor - Ohio Department of Transportation
>jtay...@odot.dot.ohio.gov

Other Threads