Memory DataSet for .NET

2005-12-20 04:01:39 PM
delphi113
Hi all,
I'm looking for a free Memory DataSet that is compatible with both
VCL.Win32 and VCL.NET. I don't know if there is such a thing or not...
Any ideas?
--
Best regards,
Jonathan Neve

Re:Memory DataSet for .NET

kbmMemTable www.components4programmers.com/products/kbmmemtable/
--
Hannes Danzl [NexusDB Developer]
Newsgroup archive at www.tamaracka.com/search.htm

Re:Memory DataSet for .NET

Hannes Danzl[NDD] writes:
Jonathan Neve[Microtec] writes:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm looking for a free Memory DataSet that is compatible with both
>VCL.Win32 and VCL.NET. I don't know if there is such a thing or
>not...
>
>Any ideas?

kbmMemTable
www.components4programmers.com/products/kbmmemtable/
Does it come with source? I know this component has a good reputation,
but it seems far heavier than what I need, and would probably have some
copyright issues. What I am looking for is just an ultra-simple memory
dataset than I can redistribute with, and build upon in, my own product.
Perhaps KbmMemTable would allow this, but it seems unlikely. Up till
now, I have been using TRxMemoryData, but it doesn't compile in .NET. The
simplest solution might be to just port it...
--
Best regards,
Jonathan Neve

Lauchlan M writes:
>>kbmMemTable
>>www.components4programmers.com/products/kbmmemtable/
>
>Does it come with source?

Seems to. I just looked in its directory and there seems to be source
there.

It's fairly full-featured anyway. You might find that when you look
into it you might not need/want to add much to it.

You can ask on kbm's ng's for more info.
Ok, thanks, I will look into it.
--
Best regards,
Jonathan Neve
CopyTiger - advanced database replicator for Interbase/Firebird!
Web : www.microtec.fr/copycat/ct
_______________________________________
CopyCat - database replication components for Delphi/C++Builder!
Web : www.microtec.fr/copycat/cc

Re:Memory DataSet for .NET

TmbmMemTable?
www.components4developers.com

Hannes Danzl[NDD] writes:

>Jonathan Neve[Microtec] writes:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I'm looking for a free Memory DataSet that is compatible with both
>>VCL.Win32 and VCL.NET. I don't know if there is such a thing or
>>not...
>>
>>Any ideas?
>
>kbmMemTable
>www.components4programmers.com/products/kbmmemtable/

Does it come with source? I know this component has a good reputation,
but it seems far heavier than what I need, and would probably have some
copyright issues. What I am looking for is just an ultra-simple memory
dataset than I can redistribute with, and build upon in, my own product.

Perhaps KbmMemTable would allow this, but it seems unlikely. Up till
now, I have been using TRxMemoryData, but it doesn't compile in .NET. The
simplest solution might be to just port it...
it comes with full source for the standard version, is free and a real good
piece of work with contribution from *lots* of people.
--
Hannes Danzl [NexusDB Developer]
Newsgroup archive at www.tamaracka.com/search.htm

Re:Memory DataSet for .NET

>kbmMemTable
>www.components4programmers.com/products/kbmmemtable/

Does it come with source?
Seems to. I just looked in its directory and there seems to be source there.
It's fairly full-featured anyway. You might find that when you look into it
you might not need/want to add much to it.
You can ask on kbm's ng's for more info.
HTH
Lauchlan M