Help. Don't know what to use

>I am lost. Currently I am using Paradox (8) tables in a stand alone environment.

there are no Paradox 8 tables.  Level 7 is as high as Paradox tables go.

>Now I want to expand my program to a multi user app.
>Can I still use the paradox tables and DBE, or is Access 97, Paradox 9 better (Corel)?
>Maybe ADO is much better?

You can create multi user applications with BDE and Paradox.
ADO is good for Access 2000 but not for Paradox

>Can I use Interbase as a server or must I use Midas. Or is Midas only interesting when I want to use databases on the internet?
>Of course I want the best performance.

You can use Interbase as a server with or with out Midas.
Interbase is not a good candidate to use with ADO but Delphi 5 includes
InterbaseDirect dataAccess components

Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Help. Don't know what to use

Hi all,

I am lost. Currently I am using Paradox (8) tables in a stand alone environment.
Now I want to expand my program to a multi user app.
Can I still use the paradox tables and DBE, or is Access 97, Paradox 9 better (Corel)?
Maybe ADO is much better?

Can I use Interbase as a server or must I use Midas. Or is Midas only interesting when I want to use databases on the internet?
Of course I want the best performance.

I am using Delphi 5 Pro, but want to expand to Delphi 5 Ent.

Anyone Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Other Threads