Delphi 8 and all the net hub bub, can you still compile Win32/PE programs?

Hi Gang,
I could honestly give a rat's ass about using Delphi for .NET. I would use
VB.NET for that. The only reason I use Delphi is to write programs when
necessary that are small and fast. Writing a .NET application isn't exactly
going to create a thin mean application. If I want to write bloatware I'll
use my favorite development tool: Visual Basic. Does anyone know if Delphi 8 is
going to still support the compilation of good old Win32/PE standalone
.exes?
Cheers,
Christian Blackburn

Re:Delphi 8 and all the net hub bub, can you still compile Win32/PE programs?

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:36:43 -0800, "Christian Blackburn"
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM@Hotmail.com>writes:
Does anyone know if Delphi 8 is
going to still support the compilation of good old Win32/PE standalone
.exes?
Delphi 8 produces .NET assemblies. For Win32 development, use Delphi
7.
---
Yorai Aminov (TeamB)
develop.shorterpath.com/yorai

Re:Delphi 8 and all the net hub bub, can you still compile Win32/PE programs?

Hi Yorai,
I read in another group that there is supposed to be a separate Win32/pe
platform vs. NET version of Delphi 8 coming out as well. Is that true or a
figment of somebody's imagination?
Thanks,
Christian Blackburn
"Yorai Aminov (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:36:43 -0800, "Christian Blackburn"
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM@Hotmail.com>writes:

>Does anyone know if Delphi 8 is
>going to still support the compilation of good old Win32/PE standalone
>.exes?

Delphi 8 produces .NET assemblies. For Win32 development, use Delphi
7.

---
Yorai Aminov (TeamB)
develop.shorterpath.com/yorai

Re:Delphi 8 and all the net hub bub, can you still compile Win32/PE programs?

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 22:22:28 -0800, "Christian Blackburn"
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM@Hotmail.com>writes:
I read in another group that there is supposed to be a separate Win32/pe
platform vs. NET version of Delphi 8 coming out as well. Is that true or a
figment of somebody's imagination?
Borland said there would be an update for Delphi for Win32. The form
of this update (patch, new version, or other) has not been announced.
---
Yorai Aminov (TeamB)
develop.shorterpath.com/yorai

Re:Delphi 8 and all the net hub bub, can you still compile Win32/PE programs?

David I told me directly at the conference that there would be a
win32 version of 8 coming out, and that is gospel enough for me :c)
"Christian Blackburn" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM@Hotmail.com>writes news:3ffba54c$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...

>On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:36:43 -0800, "Christian Blackburn"
><XXXX@XXXXX.COM@Hotmail.com>writes:
>
>>Does anyone know if Delphi 8 is
>>going to still support the compilation of good old Win32/PE standalone
>>.exes?
>
>Delphi 8 produces .NET assemblies. For Win32 development, use Delphi
>7.
>
>---
>Yorai Aminov (TeamB)
>develop.shorterpath.com/yorai
>(TeamB cannot answer questions received via email.)

Re:Delphi 8 and all the net hub bub, can you still compile Win32/PE programs?

Hi Guys,
I'm glad to hear that, because as I have already stated I don't think dotNET
matches Delphi's main user base. Furthermore, dotNET is a Microsoft
creation and most of Delphi's users have proven just by using Delphi that
they're not entirely satisfied with their offerings. However, I will say
this even I like the improved debugging in .NET it makes things so much
easier to know what line of code my programs died on. I am speaking from
experience with VB.NET 2002/2003 though. Since this is probably an inherent
feature of .NET Borland will undoubtedly support this if they don't have
their heads up their asses. Anybody ever used PowerBasic? I thought Delphi
was small and fast until I saw that. However, obviously it is much more
rudimentary, there's always a price to pay for speed :).
Cheers,
Christian Blackburn
"Ray Andrews" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

"Christian Blackburn" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM@Hotmail.com>wrote in
message news:3ffba54c$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
>Hi Yorai,
>I read in another group that there is supposed to be a separate Win32/pe
>platform vs. NET version of Delphi 8 coming out as well. Is that true
or a
>figment of somebody's imagination?
>Thanks,
>Christian Blackburn
>

>"Yorai Aminov (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>>On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:36:43 -0800, "Christian Blackburn"
>><XXXX@XXXXX.COM@Hotmail.com>writes:
>>
>>>Does anyone know if Delphi 8 is
>>>going to still support the compilation of good old Win32/PE
standalone
>>>.exes?
>>
>>Delphi 8 produces .NET assemblies. For Win32 development, use Delphi
>>7.
>>
>>---
>>Yorai Aminov (TeamB)
>>develop.shorterpath.com/yorai
>>(TeamB cannot answer questions received via email.)

Re:Delphi 8 and all the net hub bub, can you still compile Win32/PE programs?

Hi
PowerBASIC used to be the fastest program under DOS, i.e. faster than
QuickBASIC , Pascal, C++
Compiled to very small code (quite some options for optimization), extremely
fast. Did have some isues using non SVGA graphics.
I have been thinking a lot about buying it for windows, but still not sure.
Too bad there's no Demo for download.
Regards,
Patrick
P.S. By the way, dotNET is a Borland creation!!!!!

Re:Delphi 8 and all the net hub bub, can you still compile Win32/PE programs?

Hi Patrick,
Are you on .Pot, Microsoft came up with .NET, unless you can prove
otherwise!
Cheers,
Christian
"Patrick Veenstra" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Hi

PowerBASIC used to be the fastest program under DOS, i.e. faster than
QuickBASIC , Pascal, C++
Compiled to very small code (quite some options for optimization),
extremely
fast. Did have some isues using non SVGA graphics.
I have been thinking a lot about buying it for windows, but still not
sure.
Too bad there's no Demo for download.

Regards,
Patrick

P.S. By the way, dotNET is a Borland creation!!!!!

Re:Delphi 8 and all the net hub bub, can you still compile Win32/PE programs?

Hi Cristian,
There have been various articles on the internet, (not sure where right now,
if you're interested I can check it out), that confirm that .Net has been
created by Borland.
Regards,
Patrick

Re:Delphi 8 and all the net hub bub, can you still compile Win32/PE programs?

Hi Patrick,
Borland didn't create .NET, do some research. Just because a program
supports a technology doesn't mean they made it. It was a Microsoft
Technology from day one. Since 2002 who has released two development
products for .NET? Microsoft. During that time has Borland released a
single non-beta .NET capable program? No, of course not. Almost no one
else has either and that is because Microsoft had years of a head-start they
started developing .NET and it is tools in 1998!
Cheers,
Christian Blackburn